Crash driver still critical
A WOMAN was still in a critical condition today (Wednesday) following a road accident on the A505 near Royston last Thursday. The woman was driving a Peugeot 206 westbound on the eastbound carriageway of the A505 when she collided with a lorry and a Citre
A WOMAN was still in a critical condition today (Wednesday) following a road accident on the A505 near Royston last Thursday.
The woman was driving a Peugeot 206 westbound on the eastbound carriageway of the A505 when she collided with a lorry and a Citreon Sinergy also driven by a woman.
Emergency services including the East Anglian Air Ambulance were called to the scene near to the junction of Newmarket Road and the A505 just before 8.30am.
Three members of Magpas including a paramedic from the East Anglian Air Ambulance attended the scene.
The woman was trapped in the vehicle and an operation was performed on her chest before she was transferred to Addenbrooke's hospital by road ambulance.
Simon Lewis, medical director of Magpas, said: "We gave her the best possible chance of survival."
- 1 Trial begins for killer accused of murdering wife
- 2 Time-lapse video: Nightingale surge hub build at Lister Hospital
- 3 Women trapped in vehicle after A10 crash
- 4 8,000 homes plan criticised over ‘hidden green belt destruction’
- 5 Aldi chocolate and yoghurts containing metal among recent recalled products
- 6 Downing Street and its South Cambs connections
- 7 Supermarkets issue urgent product recall after salmonella found in products
- 8 Two North Herts councillors sent council tax summons
- 9 'Simply amazing' - dad's life saved by air ambulance after mystery seizure
- 10 Town pays tribute to 'Mr Royston' who made huge contribution to community
The road was closed for five-and-a-half hours
The Citroen driver suffered injuries and has since been released from hospital.
The lorry driver escaped unhurt.