Crash driver still critical
A WOMAN was still in a critical condition today (Wednesday) following a road accident on the A505 near Royston last Thursday. The woman was driving a Peugeot 206 westbound on the eastbound carriageway of the A505 when she collided with a lorry and a Citre
A WOMAN was still in a critical condition today (Wednesday) following a road accident on the A505 near Royston last Thursday.
The woman was driving a Peugeot 206 westbound on the eastbound carriageway of the A505 when she collided with a lorry and a Citreon Sinergy also driven by a woman.
Emergency services including the East Anglian Air Ambulance were called to the scene near to the junction of Newmarket Road and the A505 just before 8.30am.
Three members of Magpas including a paramedic from the East Anglian Air Ambulance attended the scene.
You may also want to watch:
The woman was trapped in the vehicle and an operation was performed on her chest before she was transferred to Addenbrooke's hospital by road ambulance.
Simon Lewis, medical director of Magpas, said: "We gave her the best possible chance of survival."
- 1 Flasher who attacked officers appears in court
- 2 Freedom Day: More than half of Herts residents welcome delay to lockdown easing
- 3 Have you seen missing parrot Charlie?
- 4 MBE is an incredible honour, says Lister nurse Lizzie
- 5 New bus and cycle shelters to help bring sustainable travel to town
- 6 Eight picture-perfect picnic spots across East Anglia
- 7 Motorhome and car involved in A505 crash
- 8 Two lorry crash blocks part of A14 in Cambridgeshire
- 9 Hotel on Duxford IWM site given go-ahead after council re-vote
- 10 Yellow weather warning of thunderstorms in Herts
The road was closed for five-and-a-half hours
The Citroen driver suffered injuries and has since been released from hospital.
The lorry driver escaped unhurt.