Crash driver still critical
A WOMAN was still in a critical condition today (Wednesday) following a road accident on the A505 near Royston last Thursday. The woman was driving a Peugeot 206 westbound on the eastbound carriageway of the A505 when she collided with a lorry and a Citre
A WOMAN was still in a critical condition today (Wednesday) following a road accident on the A505 near Royston last Thursday.
The woman was driving a Peugeot 206 westbound on the eastbound carriageway of the A505 when she collided with a lorry and a Citreon Sinergy also driven by a woman.
Emergency services including the East Anglian Air Ambulance were called to the scene near to the junction of Newmarket Road and the A505 just before 8.30am.
Three members of Magpas including a paramedic from the East Anglian Air Ambulance attended the scene.
You may also want to watch:
The woman was trapped in the vehicle and an operation was performed on her chest before she was transferred to Addenbrooke's hospital by road ambulance.
Simon Lewis, medical director of Magpas, said: "We gave her the best possible chance of survival."
- 1 CCTV appeal after vehicles interfered with in Royston
- 2 Malaysian-style Fens home leaves Grand Designs viewers in awe
- 3 Royston man to stand trial for permitting production of cannabis
- 4 What's next for Thakeham development after Local Plan sites revealed?
- 5 Busy week for Royston firefighting crews as they keep people safe
- 6 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 7 Heath threatened with 'eyesore' borehole kiosks
- 8 Street singers lift people's spirits with town centre flash mob
- 9 King James Academy to continue as school sport hub for north east Hertfordshire
- 10 Strictly Come Dancing champion to Dial M for Murder in Cambridge
The road was closed for five-and-a-half hours
The Citroen driver suffered injuries and has since been released from hospital.
The lorry driver escaped unhurt.