Crash driver still critical
A WOMAN was still in a critical condition today (Wednesday) following a road accident on the A505 near Royston last Thursday. The woman was driving a Peugeot 206 westbound on the eastbound carriageway of the A505 when she collided with a lorry and a Citre
A WOMAN was still in a critical condition today (Wednesday) following a road accident on the A505 near Royston last Thursday.
The woman was driving a Peugeot 206 westbound on the eastbound carriageway of the A505 when she collided with a lorry and a Citreon Sinergy also driven by a woman.
Emergency services including the East Anglian Air Ambulance were called to the scene near to the junction of Newmarket Road and the A505 just before 8.30am.
Three members of Magpas including a paramedic from the East Anglian Air Ambulance attended the scene.
The woman was trapped in the vehicle and an operation was performed on her chest before she was transferred to Addenbrooke's hospital by road ambulance.
Simon Lewis, medical director of Magpas, said: "We gave her the best possible chance of survival."
- 1 Herts sex offender assaulted victim while she slept
- 2 Tractors take to the streets to raise money for hospital
- 3 Royston Museum finally reopens following two-year closure
- 4 'Hooded thieves' stole three vehicles
- 5 Royston Town Council declares climate emergency
- 6 Former company boss fined after illegal waste dumped at quarry
- 7 Plans for second multi-storey car park at Stevenage's Lister Hospital to help 'better meet demand'
- 8 Citizens Advice: Your rights should anything get lost or delayed in the post
- 9 Census data reveals Hertfordshire population boom over last decade
- 10 Vehicles, greenhouse and fence 'smashed' in Royston
The road was closed for five-and-a-half hours
The Citroen driver suffered injuries and has since been released from hospital.
The lorry driver escaped unhurt.