Crafty Laura to celebrate Yarn Shop Day in Royston
- Credit: Archant
A Royston business owner is gearing up for the fifth annual Yarn Shop Day – which she says is a must for crocheters, knitters or anyone seeking out a new hobby.
On Saturday, Yarn Shop Day – which was started to celebrate Britain’s independent wool shops – will take place in craft stores across the country, and Melbourn Street’s No.3 Royston craft shop is one of the many businesses getting involved.
No.3’s Laura Whitford, who has run the shop since 2015, said: “We can’t wait to take part.
“Crafting is growing in popularity, and we know that customers rely on their local yarn shop for more than just needles and wool. Many people come in for advice and they love to feel part of a crafting community.”
On Saturday, No.3 will have free knitting or crochet tasters, free patterns, raffle tickets and cakes.
You may also want to watch:
Laura added: “We hope our local knitters and crocheters will get involved.”
For more information about what the shop has to offer go to www.number3royston.co.uk.
- 1 No Olympic medal for Daniel Goodfellow after synchronized diving heartbreak
- 2 Roystonian becomes president of American broadband firm
- 3 Man with rare heart condition shares how free location app saved his life
- 4 7 of the most expensive houses on the market in Cambridgeshire right now
- 5 Safety improvement works on dangerous A505 junction to start this month
- 6 Cambridge Country Show promises 'something for everybody'
- 7 Learning pod built at one of the UK's smallest schools thanks to £1,000 donation
- 8 Neighbourhood Plan passed to 'secure the best' for Foxton
- 9 Pupils celebrate all things Roald Dahl with 'Whoopsy Whiffling' day
- 10 New care home for Royston unanimously approved