Crafty Laura to celebrate Yarn Shop Day in Royston
- Credit: Archant
A Royston business owner is gearing up for the fifth annual Yarn Shop Day – which she says is a must for crocheters, knitters or anyone seeking out a new hobby.
On Saturday, Yarn Shop Day – which was started to celebrate Britain’s independent wool shops – will take place in craft stores across the country, and Melbourn Street’s No.3 Royston craft shop is one of the many businesses getting involved.
No.3’s Laura Whitford, who has run the shop since 2015, said: “We can’t wait to take part.
“Crafting is growing in popularity, and we know that customers rely on their local yarn shop for more than just needles and wool. Many people come in for advice and they love to feel part of a crafting community.”
On Saturday, No.3 will have free knitting or crochet tasters, free patterns, raffle tickets and cakes.
You may also want to watch:
Laura added: “We hope our local knitters and crocheters will get involved.”
For more information about what the shop has to offer go to www.number3royston.co.uk.
- 1 5 haunted locations that will give you a Halloween fright
- 2 'We were lied to' - Residents' dismay as development prompts privacy concerns
- 3 Julian Clary and Matthew Kelly star in 'a theatrical gem' at Cambridge Arts Theatre
- 4 Signs on A505 to discourage littering after stretch becomes 'eyesore'
- 5 No Time To Die is 'a bloated but entertaining slice of spy action'
- 6 Tributes paid to 'greatly respected' coach operator
- 7 Guitar once owned by Pink Floyd's Syd Barrett to be sold at Cambridge auction
- 8 MPs pay tribute following death of Sir David Amess
- 9 Mission Impossible and Top Gun star Tom Cruise spotted flying at Duxford
- 10 25-year-old admits Royston drug dealing