Crafty Laura to celebrate Yarn Shop Day in Royston
- Credit: Archant
A Royston business owner is gearing up for the fifth annual Yarn Shop Day – which she says is a must for crocheters, knitters or anyone seeking out a new hobby.
On Saturday, Yarn Shop Day – which was started to celebrate Britain’s independent wool shops – will take place in craft stores across the country, and Melbourn Street’s No.3 Royston craft shop is one of the many businesses getting involved.
No.3’s Laura Whitford, who has run the shop since 2015, said: “We can’t wait to take part.
“Crafting is growing in popularity, and we know that customers rely on their local yarn shop for more than just needles and wool. Many people come in for advice and they love to feel part of a crafting community.”
On Saturday, No.3 will have free knitting or crochet tasters, free patterns, raffle tickets and cakes.
You may also want to watch:
Laura added: “We hope our local knitters and crocheters will get involved.”
For more information about what the shop has to offer go to www.number3royston.co.uk.
- 1 'We are bursting with excitement to welcome community back into our pubs!'
- 2 Royston Community Health to close as hospital hub plan deemed unattainable
- 3 Woman dies after being hit by lorry
- 4 Charity shop supervisor fraudster must pay back £2,550
- 5 Bins sealed shut and rat cull halted on Therfield Heath
- 6 £100k homes scrapped 'with almost immediate effect' says Mayor
- 7 Govia Thameslink makes £700,000 railway station accessibility improvements
- 8 Royston Town Council by-election: Meridian ward result
- 9 Michael Portillo's Great British Railway Journeys visits Cambridge on BBC Two this week
- 10 Pre-school plots Pyjamarama fundraising day for book charity