Crafters kick off the festive season in Melbourn
- Credit: Archant
Members of a Melbourn community group for yarn crafters have kicked off the festive season with a Christmas craft fair.
The event at Melbourn Community Hub on Sunday by the Yap and Yarn group saw 17 crafters come from across North Herts and South Cambs to sell their carefully-made crafts.
and made Christmas decorations, greeting cards, knitwear, clothing, and other beautiful gifts nudged the large crowds from Melbourn and surrounding areas that turned up.
The stalls included Alexa and Matthew Allan’s ‘Cute Crafts’, ‘Make and Create’ by Tracy Stressing, and The Royston Reindeer Co.
Melbourn resident and parish councillor Clive Porter said: “Numerous attendees, both crafters and the public, voiced how impressed they were with the venue, and said that it was one of the most professionally organised craft fairs that they had attended.”
You may also want to watch:
For more on Melbourn Community Hub go to melbournhub.co.uk or call 01763 263303.
- 1 'We are bursting with excitement to welcome community back into our pubs!'
- 2 Royston Community Health to close as hospital hub plan deemed unattainable
- 3 Woman dies after being hit by lorry
- 4 Charity shop supervisor fraudster must pay back £2,550
- 5 Bins sealed shut and rat cull halted on Therfield Heath
- 6 Govia Thameslink makes £700,000 railway station accessibility improvements
- 7 £100k homes scrapped 'with almost immediate effect' says Mayor
- 8 Royston Town Council by-election: Meridian ward result
- 9 Michael Portillo's Great British Railway Journeys visits Cambridge on BBC Two this week
- 10 Pre-school plots Pyjamarama fundraising day for book charity