Court sentences teenagers for racial attack in park
THREE teenagers who carried out a racially-motivated attack on an Asian schoolgirl have been sentenced. Two 15-year-old boys and one 15-year-old girl all from Royston, were involved in a confrontation with an Asian girl on October 26 last year. They had d
THREE teenagers who carried out a racially-motivated attack on an Asian schoolgirl have been sentenced.
Two 15-year-old boys and one 15-year-old girl all from Royston, were involved in a confrontation with an Asian girl on October 26 last year.
They had denied racially aggravated assault by beating, but were found guilty at a previous hearing.
The group directed racist remarks towards their 13-year-old victim before pursuing her and then one of them hit her around the head with a shoe, North Herts Youth Court in Stevenage heard.
You may also want to watch:
The Asian girl was called "a fruit" by one of the 15-year-old boys as she entered Burns Road park in Royston, with two of her friends.
The group walked towards the victim and her friends and asked them what their problem was.
- 1 Royston Town Council by-election: Meridian ward result
- 2 Epic escape fail for ‘armed thieves’ who crashed car into ditch
- 3 County council elections round-up for North Herts
- 4 Defeated mayor on 'incredible' and 'some truly awful' people he met
- 5 Local Election 2021 results: NHDC leader loses seat
- 6 Villagers 'clap for Dr Nik' to celebrate mayoralty victory
- 7 Party leaders respond to election result in North Herts
- 8 Results in for South Cambs District Council by-election
- 9 Conservative David Lloyd re-elected as Herts Police and Crime Commissioner
- 10 Prime minister to give green light for May 17 Covid-19 lockdown easing
One of the 15-year-old boys was claimed to have shouted: "You're from Iraq you Paki, go back to your own country".
One of the boys then grabbed her leg while the other two defendants stood laughing.
The victim became upset and said she wanted to go home.
The 15-year-old girl then told the victim to wax her eyebrows.
One of the boys skidded on his bike in front of her and shouted "I have got her".
The boys then jostled her around and the girl used a shoe to hit her around the head.
"It's left her scared, frightened and upset. She's worried of repercussions at school," said the prosecution.
The 15-year-old girl and one 15-year-old boy were sentenced to a three-month action plan order which means taking part in activities detailed in reports and to co-operate with a youth offending team. They were both ordered to pay £170 in court costs and £30 compensation.
The other 15-year-old boy was sentenced to a three-month referral order. He was ordered to pay £50 in court costs and £30 compensation.