Couple in the picture with photo show
HUSBAND and wife photographers Terry and Sue Hartga have launched a display of work at the Royston and District Museum. This is the second time the couple from Royston have been involved in displaying their photographic work in a joint exhibition. Terry,
HUSBAND and wife photographers Terry and Sue Hartga have launched a display of work at the Royston and District Museum.
This is the second time the couple from Royston have been involved in displaying their photographic work in a joint exhibition.
Terry, who is a long-standing member of the Royston Photographic Society, was showing his recent work where he takes apparently ordinary objects and makes them less ordinary.
The roots of his work lie in his keenness of railways and industrial archaeology.
You may also want to watch:
Speaking at an exhibition preview at the museum on Saturday, he said: "It's a question of seeing the picture in the eye before even taking a photograph.
"There are a lot of pictures which are commonplace, but it is just coming at them from a new angle that makes them different."
- 1 Man jailed after attacking victim with glass bottle in hotel room
- 2 'If I lived three miles away the obstacles would've been lower' - Councillor calls for IVF to be reinstated in Cambs
- 3 Flasher who attacked officers appears in court
- 4 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 5 Have you seen missing parrot Charlie?
- 6 Young Crows net funding for club improvements
- 7 Network Rail seeks green light for Cambridge South station
- 8 Students' work featured in online art exhibition
- 9 Families celebrate Father's Day at IWM Duxford
- 10 Motorhome and car involved in A505 crash
His work led to the inspiration for Sue to take up photography, and the exhibition shows the way they complement each other in their choice of subjects.
In her photographs, Sue has linked her pictures to show an element of water.
Sue, who has a degree in fine art and is a member of the Herts Visual Arts Forum and the Cambridge Drawing Society, has exhibited work as part of the Herts Open Studios, at the Haverhill Arts Centre and the Margaret Harvey Gallery in St Albans.
Earlier this year, both Terry and Sue had a display of their photographic work on show at the Haverhill Arts Centre.
The exhibition, Paired Vision, will run at the museum until November 29.
The Royston & District Museum is open Wednesday, Thursday and Saturday from 10am-4.45pm.