Couple faced terrifying ordeal’ in armed raid
THREE masked men armed with firearms and a machete put the occupants of a property in Furneux Pelham through a terrifying ordeal . The gang forced their way in to the property at about 3.30pm on Monday. They threatened two occupants with firearms and a m
THREE masked men armed with firearms and a machete put the occupants of a property in Furneux Pelham through a "terrifying ordeal".
The gang forced their way in to the property at about 3.30pm on Monday.
They threatened two occupants with firearms and a machete before stealing cash and other items.
The suspects escaped by stealing a black Mercedes car belonging to the victims.
You may also want to watch:
Witnesses saw the Mercedes driving at speed from Furneux Pelham through Albury towards the A120.
Police believe that a dark coloured BMW was also used and may have been travelling in convoy with the stolen Mercedes.
- 1 New bus and cycle shelters to help bring sustainable travel to town
- 2 Two lorry crash blocks part of A14 in Cambridgeshire
- 3 Freedom Day: More than half of Herts residents welcome delay to lockdown easing
- 4 Yellow weather warning of thunderstorms in Herts
- 5 MBE is an incredible honour, says Lister nurse Lizzie
- 6 Labour organiser criticises Labour mayor for hiring a Tory as deputy
- 7 Defibrillators: How you could save a life
- 8 Plenty of Covid vaccines available for over 23s
- 9 Motorhome and car involved in A505 crash
- 10 Royston Kite Festival decision 'under review' as lockdown extended
The Mercedes was later abandoned in Albury with suspects using the BMW to leave the area.
Det Sgt Graeme Smith, from the Eastern area crime unit, said: "This is a rare and cowardly attack on members of the public who have been subjected to a terrifying ordeal in the confines of their own home.
"We are extremely anxious to identify and arrest the individuals responsible.
"The response from the public so far has been fantastic but we still need to speak to anyone who may have seen the suspects, the vehicles used or may have information relating to this crime."
Officers in the area crime unit at Hertford police station can be called on 01992 533430, or call Crime-stoppers on 0800 555 111.