Couple accused of 'jigsaw murder' appear in court
A COUPLE accused of murdering a man and dumping his body parts in rural locations, including near Royston, have appeared in court. Stephen Marshall, aged 37, of Ayot Path, Borehamwood, and his girlfriend Sarah Bush, aged 20, from Pickard Close, Southgate
A COUPLE accused of murdering a man and dumping his body parts in rural locations, including near Royston, have appeared in court.
Stephen Marshall, aged 37, of Ayot Path, Borehamwood, and his girlfriend Sarah Bush, aged 20, from Pickard Close, Southgate are charged with murdering kitchen salesman Jeffrey Howe, 49, at some time between March 7 and March 22 this year.
The pair appeared on video link at St Albans Crown Court for a preliminary hearing but only spoke to confirm their names and addresses. The pair have yet to enter pleas.
Mr Howe's left forearm was found in Drovers Lane, near Wheathampstead on Sunday, March 28, following the discovery of his left leg at Cottered the previous weekend. A second leg was found near Puckeridge.
You may also want to watch:
His severed head was found in a field in Leicestershire on Tuesday March 31, and his torso was discovered in Standon, near Ware, over the Easter weekend. All that remains missing is the victim's hands.
Judge Michael Baker QC adjourned the hearing until some time in October. The trial is expected to last four to six weeks with a provisional start date of January 12.
- 1 'Panic-buying is crippling us' - petrol station owner urges motorists to think before they refuel
- 2 Appeal to trace driver after cyclist sustains serious injuries in crash
- 3 17 of the prettiest streets in North Herts
- 4 North Herts and Beds villages hit by power cut
- 5 Flexi parking ticket rolled out for hybrid commuters
- 6 CCTV appeal after vehicles interfered with in Royston
- 7 Street singers lift people's spirits with town centre flash mob
- 8 Council leader calls for 'kind and courteous' queuing for fuel
- 9 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 10 Heath threatened with 'eyesore' borehole kiosks