County set to oppose post office closures
A HIT-LIST of post office closures is to be produced next week. The list from the Post Office will cover North Hertfordshire and South Cambridgeshire. It is expected that the Post Office will be proposing to close a number of village post offices in the
A "HIT-LIST" of post office closures is to be produced next week.
The list from the Post Office will cover North Hertfordshire and South Cambridgeshire.
It is expected that the Post Office will be proposing to close a number of village post offices in the area.
But Herts County Council is planning a response to the proposals.
Cllr Richard Roberts, who will be co-ordinating the county council's response, said: "We want to get a full picture of what closures will mean for local people."
The county council is contacting North Herts District Council, Royston Town Council and parish councils to ensure it has all relevant details to challenge the Post Office.
- 1 School to make 'wide-ranging changes' following Ofsted inspection
- 2 Fowlmere residents voice objections to housing development
- 3 Kite Festival set to return to Royston next month
- 4 Citizens Advice: What to do if you have issues with delayed or cancelled flights
- 5 Herts sex offender assaulted victim while she slept
- 6 Tractors take to the streets to raise money for hospital
- 7 Royston judoka Reid relishing Commonwealth Games chance
- 8 7 of the most beautiful churches in Hertfordshire
- 9 Bassingbourn Village College students win Pitch for the Prize competition
- 10 Royston Town Council declares climate emergency
Cllr Roberts said: "It may be that if a post office closes, a shop will also close leaving a community without its heart.
"We know that the Post Office has done a lot of research and based the proposed closures on usage, but that doesn't tell us everything," he said.
Cllr Roberts will be appearing on the county council's website next week in which he will be urging people to respond to a web survey.
The web cast will be available on: