County council locality budget gives four organisations �5,000 funding boost
A QUARTET of local organisations have received a �5,000 funding boost from Royston s county councillor. Cllr Fiona Hill has chosen four schemes to benefit from the cash, which comes from her locality budget. She said: There are all kinds of local groups
A QUARTET of local organisations have received a �5,000 funding boost from Royston's county councillor.
Cllr Fiona Hill has chosen four schemes to benefit from the cash, which comes from her locality budget.
She said: "There are all kinds of local groups and organisations whose ongoing contribution to the quality of life in the local community deserves our full support.
"As a Royston resident I understand just how important they are - and I also appreciate how hard they have to work to raise money to make improvements and take on new projects."
You may also want to watch:
Royston Town football club are getting �1,500 to help develop a covered viewing area for spectators and their carers. The same amount will also go towards the cHALLenge fund, which is being used to finance the building of a new hall at Royston parish church.
Meanwhile, �1,000 donations will go to Royston bowling club to help pay for the resurfacing of their green, and the newly reformed Royston Timebank.
- 1 More Royston GP surgeries begin to give COVID-19 vaccinations
- 2 COVID-19 outbreaks now in half of all Herts care homes
- 3 Teen arrested in connection with sexual assault investigation
- 4 Storm Christoph: Prepare for flooding in South Cambs
- 5 Parents struggling with homeschooling to get boost from book donors
- 6 Power cut affects nearly 9,000 homes and businesses
- 7 COVID-19 figures falling in North Herts and South Cambs
- 8 Ambulance boss steps down after battling 'severe coronavirus'
- 9 Granta surgeries deliver COVID-19 vaccinations
- 10 Two arrested after drugs raid in Bassingbourn
County councillors in Hertfordshire are each allocated a �10,000 locality budget every year to give to community projects of their choice.
As reported in The Crow last week, Royston tennis club have also benefited from a �1,500 grant to put towards their new courts.
Cllr Hill added: "I am delighted to be able to support these local organisations to continue their good work in the community."
For more information on how to apply, visit www.hertsdirect.org and type 'locality budgets' into the search box.