Councillors urging people to have say on North Hertfordshire housing plan
- Credit: Archant
Councillors are urging people to have their say on the housing plan for North Herts.
The consultation on North Herts District Council’s preferred options for the allocation of houses opens today, Thursday, and runs until February 6.
The Local Plan sets out allocated sites of 12,100 homes in the district for the period to 2031, including 1,485 homes still to be built in Royston.
Councillor David Levett, the cabinet member responsible for planning and enterprise, said: “We know this is an important issue for many people across the district and so we urge residents to come forward with their views and comments.
“Getting feedback on the proposed sites is important for us. Nothing is set in stone and all responses to the consultation will be considered before we move to the next stage.”
You may also want to watch:
The results of the consultation will be considered before the preparation of the final version of the Draft Local Plan to be put forward, following a further consultation, for examination by the Planning Inspectorate next year.
Consultation documents are available on the council’s website and in libraries across the district.
- 1 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 2 Motorhome and car involved in A505 crash
- 3 Hotel on Duxford IWM site given go-ahead after council re-vote
- 4 Ski trip interest 'peaks' at Melbourn Village College
- 5 Do you think 'Freedom Day' should go ahead on June 21?
- 6 Royston arson: Police renew appeal after flats fire
- 7 Have you visited the Orwell Clunch Pit? New sign tells of unique site's significance
- 8 Magpas chief executive 'surprised and honoured' by MBE
- 9 How do North East Herts and South Cambs fare in the latest boundary review proposals?
- 10 Raise the roof! Church lead replaced two years on from theft
Views can be submitted online at www.north-herts.gov.uk/localplan. You can also send them by post to Strategic Planning and Projects Group, North Herts District Council, PO Box 480, Sale, M33 0DE.