Councillors urging people to have say on North Hertfordshire housing plan
- Credit: Archant
Councillors are urging people to have their say on the housing plan for North Herts.
The consultation on North Herts District Council’s preferred options for the allocation of houses opens today, Thursday, and runs until February 6.
The Local Plan sets out allocated sites of 12,100 homes in the district for the period to 2031, including 1,485 homes still to be built in Royston.
Councillor David Levett, the cabinet member responsible for planning and enterprise, said: “We know this is an important issue for many people across the district and so we urge residents to come forward with their views and comments.
“Getting feedback on the proposed sites is important for us. Nothing is set in stone and all responses to the consultation will be considered before we move to the next stage.”
The results of the consultation will be considered before the preparation of the final version of the Draft Local Plan to be put forward, following a further consultation, for examination by the Planning Inspectorate next year.
Consultation documents are available on the council’s website and in libraries across the district.
- 1 Trial begins for killer accused of murdering wife
- 2 Time-lapse video: Nightingale surge hub build at Lister Hospital
- 3 Women trapped in vehicle after A10 crash
- 4 8,000 homes plan criticised over ‘hidden green belt destruction’
- 5 Aldi chocolate and yoghurts containing metal among recent recalled products
- 6 Downing Street and its South Cambs connections
- 7 Supermarkets issue urgent product recall after salmonella found in products
- 8 Two North Herts councillors sent council tax summons
- 9 'Simply amazing' - dad's life saved by air ambulance after mystery seizure
- 10 Town pays tribute to 'Mr Royston' who made huge contribution to community
Views can be submitted online at www.north-herts.gov.uk/localplan. You can also send them by post to Strategic Planning and Projects Group, North Herts District Council, PO Box 480, Sale, M33 0DE.