Councillors urging people to have say on North Hertfordshire housing plan
- Credit: Archant
Councillors are urging people to have their say on the housing plan for North Herts.
The consultation on North Herts District Council’s preferred options for the allocation of houses opens today, Thursday, and runs until February 6.
The Local Plan sets out allocated sites of 12,100 homes in the district for the period to 2031, including 1,485 homes still to be built in Royston.
Councillor David Levett, the cabinet member responsible for planning and enterprise, said: “We know this is an important issue for many people across the district and so we urge residents to come forward with their views and comments.
“Getting feedback on the proposed sites is important for us. Nothing is set in stone and all responses to the consultation will be considered before we move to the next stage.”
You may also want to watch:
The results of the consultation will be considered before the preparation of the final version of the Draft Local Plan to be put forward, following a further consultation, for examination by the Planning Inspectorate next year.
Consultation documents are available on the council’s website and in libraries across the district.
- 1 CCTV appeal after vehicles interfered with in Royston
- 2 Royston man to stand trial for permitting production of cannabis
- 3 Malaysian-style Fens home leaves Grand Designs viewers in awe
- 4 Busy week for Royston firefighting crews as they keep people safe
- 5 What's next for Thakeham development after Local Plan sites revealed?
- 6 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 7 Street singers lift people's spirits with town centre flash mob
- 8 Heath threatened with 'eyesore' borehole kiosks
- 9 King James Academy to continue as school sport hub for north east Hertfordshire
- 10 Strictly Come Dancing champion to Dial M for Murder in Cambridge
Views can be submitted online at www.north-herts.gov.uk/localplan. You can also send them by post to Strategic Planning and Projects Group, North Herts District Council, PO Box 480, Sale, M33 0DE.