Councillors hail award-winning Royston leisure centre
- Credit: Archant
COUNCILLORS have praised Royston’s award-winning leisure centre after it topped a national poll.
As reported in the Crow, the centre was named top of a list of 600 centres assessed by Quest, the industry watchdog which monitors standards at leisure centres and sports facilities across the UK.
The team from the leisure centre, which is run by Stevenage Leisure Limited (SLL) attended North Herts district council’s meeting on April 11 to talk about their award.
Cllr Ian Knighton, the district council’s portfolio holder for leisure, said: “To come top out of 600 centres in the UK is a superb achievement.
“We invited staff from SLL to a council meeting so they could be thanked in person for their efforts. It’s great for people in Royston to know they have such an outstanding leisure facility on their doorstep.”
You may also want to watch:
The centre provides fitness and leisure activities and a state of the art fitness gym.
SLL managing director Ian Morton said: “Success like this comes only as the result of hard work and a successful partnership. We are delighted that the efforts of our team at Royston have been recognised by NHDC, who have continued to support SLL and the local community.”
- 1 More Royston GP surgeries begin to give COVID-19 vaccinations
- 2 Herts and West Essex boast highest vaccination figures in East of England
- 3 Which Herts communities have seen the biggest rises and falls in COVID-19?
- 4 Power cut affects nearly 9,000 homes and businesses
- 5 COVID-19 figures falling in North Herts and South Cambs
- 6 The bells are back in town!
- 7 Warning as more residents targeted by scam police calls
- 8 Teen arrested in connection with sexual assault investigation
- 9 Storm Christoph: Prepare for flooding in South Cambs
- 10 Granta surgeries deliver COVID-19 vaccinations
More details on the facilities available at the centre can be found on the district council website, www.north-herts.gov.uk