Councillors back McDonald’s plans for Royston
FAST food monolith McDonald’s plans to build a drive through restaurant in Royston have been backed by councillors.
Royston Town Council supported the proposal to build near the Little Chef on Baldock Road last night (Monday).
Cllr F John Smith said: “I think it is sensible, I don’t find it particularly obnoxious although I’m unlikely to patronise it myself.
“On the whole I think it will fill a want, whether it is a want from Royston is a different matter.”
His sentiments were echoed by council leader Bob Smith who said he would rather have it “there than in the town centre.”
You may also want to watch:
North Herts district Council will ultimately decide whether the scheme - which would provide 65 jobs - will go ahead.
- 1 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 2 Motorhome and car involved in A505 crash
- 3 Hotel on Duxford IWM site given go-ahead after council re-vote
- 4 Ski trip interest 'peaks' at Melbourn Village College
- 5 Do you think 'Freedom Day' should go ahead on June 21?
- 6 Royston arson: Police renew appeal after flats fire
- 7 Have you visited the Orwell Clunch Pit? New sign tells of unique site's significance
- 8 How do North East Herts and South Cambs fare in the latest boundary review proposals?
- 9 Flying day at IWM Duxford commemorates 77th anniversary of D-Day
- 10 Outstanding day had by all at Streetfood Heroes event