Councillors back McDonald’s plans for Royston
FAST food monolith McDonald’s plans to build a drive through restaurant in Royston have been backed by councillors.
Royston Town Council supported the proposal to build near the Little Chef on Baldock Road last night (Monday).
Cllr F John Smith said: “I think it is sensible, I don’t find it particularly obnoxious although I’m unlikely to patronise it myself.
“On the whole I think it will fill a want, whether it is a want from Royston is a different matter.”
His sentiments were echoed by council leader Bob Smith who said he would rather have it “there than in the town centre.”
You may also want to watch:
North Herts district Council will ultimately decide whether the scheme - which would provide 65 jobs - will go ahead.
- 1 CCTV appeal after vehicles interfered with in Royston
- 2 Villagers launch bid to raise £200,000 for 14th-century church paintings
- 3 What's next for Thakeham development after Local Plan sites revealed?
- 4 This Hound could run and and run... Sherlock Holmes play was 'a fun evening'
- 5 Royston man to stand trial for permitting production of cannabis
- 6 Heath threatened with 'eyesore' borehole kiosks
- 7 Street singers lift people's spirits with town centre flash mob
- 8 Hertfordshire's adult social care workers honoured at award ceremony
- 9 Malaysian-style Fens home leaves Grand Designs viewers in awe
- 10 Busy week for Royston firefighting crews as they keep people safe