Councillors back McDonald’s plans for Royston
FAST food monolith McDonald’s plans to build a drive through restaurant in Royston have been backed by councillors.
Royston Town Council supported the proposal to build near the Little Chef on Baldock Road last night (Monday).
Cllr F John Smith said: “I think it is sensible, I don’t find it particularly obnoxious although I’m unlikely to patronise it myself.
“On the whole I think it will fill a want, whether it is a want from Royston is a different matter.”
His sentiments were echoed by council leader Bob Smith who said he would rather have it “there than in the town centre.”
You may also want to watch:
North Herts district Council will ultimately decide whether the scheme - which would provide 65 jobs - will go ahead.
- 1 Mass vaccine centre opening marks 'big step forward' in beating COVID-19
- 2 Two arrested after drugs raid in Bassingbourn
- 3 Is lockdown working in Herts? Here's what the latest data tells us
- 4 Granta surgeries deliver COVID-19 vaccinations
- 5 Fraudster jailed after £60,000 shopping spree
- 6 'Heavy snow' expected across Hertfordshire from tomorrow
- 7 Tribute to beloved mum, friend and artist Debbie Horabin
- 8 Make the A505 Safer: Improvement works to continue in 2021
- 9 A mental health first aider offers advice on coping during lockdown
- 10 Political row over South Cambs new town proposal