Councillor escapes disciplinary action
AN outspoken councillor who was accused of making offensive remarks and bullying staff, says the allegations were a surprise . South Cambridgeshire district councillor Deborah Roberts, who has represented Fowlmere and Foxton since 1990, escaped disciplin
AN outspoken councillor who was accused of making offensive remarks and bullying staff, says the allegations were a "surprise".
South Cambridgeshire district councillor Deborah Roberts, who has represented Fowlmere and Foxton since 1990, escaped disciplinary action after the standards board carried out an 10-month investigation into her behaviour.
The report said she:
- Sent threatening e-mails
You may also want to watch:
- Berated the council's head of community services
- Questioned the ability of the planning director
- 1 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 2 Motorhome and car involved in A505 crash
- 3 Hotel on Duxford IWM site given go-ahead after council re-vote
- 4 Ski trip interest 'peaks' at Melbourn Village College
- 5 Do you think 'Freedom Day' should go ahead on June 21?
- 6 Have you visited the Orwell Clunch Pit? New sign tells of unique site's significance
- 7 Royston arson: Police renew appeal after flats fire
- 8 How do North East Herts and South Cambs fare in the latest boundary review proposals?
- 9 Outstanding day had by all at Streetfood Heroes event
- 10 Flying day at IWM Duxford commemorates 77th anniversary of D-Day
- Made offensive remarks about travellers.
Cllr Roberts said: "I have always been straight talking, but I can't imagine what it was all about. I didn't do anything to warrant these allegations.
In the future Cllr Roberts said she wanted to focus her intentions on her job.
"I haven't let this distract me during the past 10 months.
"I will hopefully remain on the council and continue to represent the people. I think I've made a positive contribution."
Standards board chairman David Gilbertson said the committee's decision not to punish Cllr Roberts was "perverse" and as a result he has resigned.