Councillor calls for safety barrier repairs
A COUNCILLOR is demanding that safety barriers be replaced after they were damaged in a collision. Cllr Fiona Hill, chairman of North Herts District Council s Royston area committee, said the railings near to Roman Way and Roysia schools were damaged two
A COUNCILLOR is demanding that safety barriers be replaced after they were damaged in a collision.
Cllr Fiona Hill, chairman of North Herts District Council's Royston area committee, said the railings near to Roman Way and Roysia schools were damaged two weeks ago.
"We need to ensure that when we have these kind of incidents that repairs are carried out as a matter of urgency."
She said the question of road safety is an on-going campaign in the Burns Road area
You may also want to watch:
The problem over speeding in the area has been raised with Herts Highways and more than a year ago Cllr Hill and former councillor Bill Davidson were urging action.
Meanwhile, Liberal Democrat councillors Robert Inwood and Elizabeth Beardwell are calling for a 20mph limit in Burns Road and speed calming measures.
- 1 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 2 Barley Flower Tower to be cut into pieces!
- 3 In pictures: The Battle of Britain Air Show 2021 at IWM Duxford
- 4 Teacher raises more than £3,000 with charity run in mother's memory
- 5 New app allows passengers to order bus to virtual stops
- 6 This Hound could run and and run... Sherlock Holmes play was 'a fun evening'
- 7 22-year-old sentenced for criminal damage in Melbourn
- 8 Co-operation 'vital' in A505 Royston to Granta Park scheme
- 9 Spitfires and more... IWM Duxford prepares for 2021 Battle of Britain Air Show
- 10 Camera to be installed in village to address long-standing speeding woes
At the time of a recent survey carried out by police in Burns Road it showed that speeding was not a problem.
Cllr Hill added: "Safety outside all the schools in Royston is a concern.