Could you help decide whether a neighbourhood plan is right for your South Cambs community?
- Credit: Archant
Villagers in South Cambs have been given the chance to decide whether they want to shape their communities with the support of the district council.
A pack has been published by South Cambs District Council on how they will help parish councils to tackle a neighbourhood plan – a local planning document on the future of a village.
A six-week consultation opened today so parish councils can make sure the support is right for them and information is as easy to understand as possible.
Councillor Robert Turner, SCDC’s cabinet member for planning, said: “Neighbourhood planning is all about giving local communities more say about the future of their village.
“We recognise that preparing a neighbourhood plan can seem a bit of a challenge and our new initiative is responding to the questions our parishes have been raising. We want to make sure the process is as straightforward as possible for them and they are supported every step of the way.”
You may also want to watch:
Following the consultation, the pack will be finalised and published on the council’s website.
To view the plans and have your say by October 30, go to www.scambs.gov.uk/npguidance.
- 1 New care home for Royston unanimously approved
- 2 Bassingbourn Barracks: New chapter for Army’s flagship operational training centre
- 3 Cambridge Country Show promises 'something for everybody'
- 4 From Hertfordshire to the Strictly dancefloor: 7 Strictly Come Dancing contestant from the county
- 5 Stunning snap causes stir online
- 6 Nuthampstead Olympic Shooter takes bronze in Tokyo
- 7 Train services resume after earlier disruption at Royston
- 8 Huge splash of support for Meldreth diver Dan Goodfellow
- 9 Arrests made in connection with large-scale money laundering operation
- 10 Roystonian becomes president of American broadband firm