Could you help decide whether a neighbourhood plan is right for your South Cambs community?
- Credit: Archant
Villagers in South Cambs have been given the chance to decide whether they want to shape their communities with the support of the district council.
A pack has been published by South Cambs District Council on how they will help parish councils to tackle a neighbourhood plan – a local planning document on the future of a village.
A six-week consultation opened today so parish councils can make sure the support is right for them and information is as easy to understand as possible.
Councillor Robert Turner, SCDC’s cabinet member for planning, said: “Neighbourhood planning is all about giving local communities more say about the future of their village.
“We recognise that preparing a neighbourhood plan can seem a bit of a challenge and our new initiative is responding to the questions our parishes have been raising. We want to make sure the process is as straightforward as possible for them and they are supported every step of the way.”
You may also want to watch:
Following the consultation, the pack will be finalised and published on the council’s website.
To view the plans and have your say by October 30, go to www.scambs.gov.uk/npguidance.
- 1 Dozens die after catching COVID-19 in our hospitals
- 2 5 haunted locations that will give you a Halloween fright
- 3 'We were lied to' - Residents' dismay as development prompts privacy concerns
- 4 No Time To Die is 'a bloated but entertaining slice of spy action'
- 5 Signs on A505 to discourage littering after stretch becomes 'eyesore'
- 6 Tributes paid to 'greatly respected' coach operator
- 7 Julian Clary and Matthew Kelly star in 'a theatrical gem' at Cambridge Arts Theatre
- 8 Riverdance's 25th anniversary show lifts the roof off Cambridge Corn Exchange
- 9 Family pay tribute to 'truly special individual' killed in A1307 crash
- 10 Mission Impossible and Top Gun star Tom Cruise spotted flying at Duxford