Could you be a pal to help Papworth Trust’s new Royston youth club thrive?
- Credit: Archant
Royston Volunteer Centre manager Denise Graham’s regular look at the voluntary sector in North East Herts
This week we welcome to Royston the Papworth Trust, a leading disability charity which aims to help create a world where disabled people are seen for what they can do.
Volunteers are needed for their new disability-friendly youth club which will be held at the Coombes Community Centre in Burns Road.
This exciting addition to activities in the town is aimed at young people aged 11 to 19 who want to have fun and meet new friends.
They are looking for reliable people to help with activities like karaoke, bowling, bingo, arts and crafts, pool and Wii competitions.
You may also want to watch:
The group will be launched at an open evening on Wednesday, June 3, where parents and their young people can join in a free taster session, so we would appreciate hearing from interested volunteers as soon as possible so that you can be recruited in time to be part of this event.
The youth club will run regularly on Wednesday evenings from 7pm to 9pm except for two weeks over Christmas and one week over Easter.
- 1 Drug dealer caught after being pulled over for using phone on A505
- 2 No Cambridge fireworks display on Midsummer Common this year for Bonfire Night
- 3 Of all the places in all the city to park an uninsured 4x4
- 4 MPs vote on whether raw sewage should continue to be pumped into waterways
- 5 11 questions to decide how Royston you are!
- 6 Where in Hertfordshire are the most incidents of weapon possession?
- 7 HGV crashes into car damaged in earlier incident
- 8 25-year-old admits Royston drug dealing
- 9 Royston's George Crotty selected by GB for World Boxing Championships
- 10 Cambridge Film Festival returns for its 40th outing
As a volunteer, you will be a valued addition to the youth club team and enhance the quality and range of what they can offer – all you need is time, energy and a smile!
So if you would like to gain extra skills and practical experience, in return for offering your time and commitment and having the satisfaction of helping others, then please contact us without delay and we will put you in touch.
You can find the centre Royston & District Volunteer Centre in the Royston Town Hall Annexe, Melbourn Street, Royston, SG8 7DA
Phone 01763 243020, email firstname.lastname@example.org or visit the website at www.roystonvolunteer.org.uk