Could you be a pal to help Papworth Trust’s new Royston youth club thrive?
- Credit: Archant
Royston Volunteer Centre manager Denise Graham’s regular look at the voluntary sector in North East Herts
This week we welcome to Royston the Papworth Trust, a leading disability charity which aims to help create a world where disabled people are seen for what they can do.
Volunteers are needed for their new disability-friendly youth club which will be held at the Coombes Community Centre in Burns Road.
This exciting addition to activities in the town is aimed at young people aged 11 to 19 who want to have fun and meet new friends.
They are looking for reliable people to help with activities like karaoke, bowling, bingo, arts and crafts, pool and Wii competitions.
You may also want to watch:
The group will be launched at an open evening on Wednesday, June 3, where parents and their young people can join in a free taster session, so we would appreciate hearing from interested volunteers as soon as possible so that you can be recruited in time to be part of this event.
The youth club will run regularly on Wednesday evenings from 7pm to 9pm except for two weeks over Christmas and one week over Easter.
- 1 Two arrested after drugs raid in Bassingbourn
- 2 Granta surgeries deliver COVID-19 vaccinations
- 3 Wonder Woman flies into IWM Duxford for movie scenes
- 4 Mass vaccine centre opening marks 'big step forward' in beating COVID-19
- 5 Fraudster jailed after £60,000 shopping spree
- 6 Is lockdown working in Herts? Here's what the latest data tells us
- 7 'Heavy snow' expected across Hertfordshire from tomorrow
- 8 Make the A505 Safer: Improvement works to continue in 2021
- 9 Housing first battleground in mayor elections for Cambridgeshire
- 10 'We're breaking' - Lister Hospital staff 'tearful' and 'on their knees' as COVID cases double
As a volunteer, you will be a valued addition to the youth club team and enhance the quality and range of what they can offer – all you need is time, energy and a smile!
So if you would like to gain extra skills and practical experience, in return for offering your time and commitment and having the satisfaction of helping others, then please contact us without delay and we will put you in touch.
You can find the centre Royston & District Volunteer Centre in the Royston Town Hall Annexe, Melbourn Street, Royston, SG8 7DA
Phone 01763 243020, email firstname.lastname@example.org or visit the website at www.roystonvolunteer.org.uk