Could you be a pal to help Papworth Trust’s new Royston youth club thrive?
- Credit: Archant
Royston Volunteer Centre manager Denise Graham’s regular look at the voluntary sector in North East Herts
This week we welcome to Royston the Papworth Trust, a leading disability charity which aims to help create a world where disabled people are seen for what they can do.
Volunteers are needed for their new disability-friendly youth club which will be held at the Coombes Community Centre in Burns Road.
This exciting addition to activities in the town is aimed at young people aged 11 to 19 who want to have fun and meet new friends.
They are looking for reliable people to help with activities like karaoke, bowling, bingo, arts and crafts, pool and Wii competitions.
The group will be launched at an open evening on Wednesday, June 3, where parents and their young people can join in a free taster session, so we would appreciate hearing from interested volunteers as soon as possible so that you can be recruited in time to be part of this event.
The youth club will run regularly on Wednesday evenings from 7pm to 9pm except for two weeks over Christmas and one week over Easter.
- 1 Council confirms first monkeypox case in Hertfordshire
- 2 Family of patient who died from drug overdose speak out after inquest
- 3 All aboard for Steam at the Hoops festival in Bassingbourn
- 4 Police find body in search for missing 71-year-old Raymond
- 5 New mayor makes historic market her first stop
- 6 Councillors take the plunge to raise money for Home-Start
- 7 Tesco recalls pastry product over risks to people with nut allergies
- 8 New mayor elected in historic moment for Royston Town Council
- 9 Cambridge: Police officer had surgery after sex offender drove car at them
- 10 Royston drama group CADS wins new play award for The Blonde Bombshell at Welwyn festival
As a volunteer, you will be a valued addition to the youth club team and enhance the quality and range of what they can offer – all you need is time, energy and a smile!
So if you would like to gain extra skills and practical experience, in return for offering your time and commitment and having the satisfaction of helping others, then please contact us without delay and we will put you in touch.
You can find the centre Royston & District Volunteer Centre in the Royston Town Hall Annexe, Melbourn Street, Royston, SG8 7DA
Phone 01763 243020, email email@example.com or visit the website at www.roystonvolunteer.org.uk