Cosy cafe on the menu at Royston’s new venue The Cavern
- Credit: Archant
The owners of a new Royston cafe are planning on cooking up a storm at their new breakfast and sandwich bar in Melbourn Street.
Terry Smeeton and Michelle Parker opened up The Cavern on Monday, after searching around the town for a decent venue for a brand new eatery.
Terry said: “I have always wanted to run a cafe, and it was just a good opportunity – it’s in a good location, next to the cave. It’s been going alright so far. It’s a nice, cosy and friendly place, people can come and sit down if they want to, or take away.”
The cafe, open from 7am Monday to Saturday, offers soups, salad bowls, sandwiches, jacket potatoes and cooked breakfasts.
Customer Stuart Hunter said: “The Prawn Marie Rose sandwiches are amazing.
You may also want to watch:
“I loved it so much I came back the next day for my lunch.”
To find out more about the cafe, visit the website at www.thecavernroyston.co.uk or like The Cavern on Facebook.
- 1 Arrests made in connection with large-scale money laundering operation
- 2 Escape the crowds this summer at these places to visit in Hertfordshire
- 3 What does 'Freedom Day' mean for visiting hospital patients?
- 4 Thatcher returns after 30 years to repair cottage where he met his wife
- 5 Thirst for eco-friendly products and family values sees juice firm's success continue
- 6 'Freedom Day' changes in our area
- 7 Keeley's Karaoke-a-thon challenge raises hundreds for charity
- 8 Tories throw ‘toys from the pram’ and storm out following lost vote
- 9 Councillors deemed 'foolhardy' after being pinged by Test and Trace during meeting
- 10 Serious Barley crash causes road closures