Cosy cafe on the menu at Royston’s new venue The Cavern
- Credit: Archant
The owners of a new Royston cafe are planning on cooking up a storm at their new breakfast and sandwich bar in Melbourn Street.
Terry Smeeton and Michelle Parker opened up The Cavern on Monday, after searching around the town for a decent venue for a brand new eatery.
Terry said: “I have always wanted to run a cafe, and it was just a good opportunity – it’s in a good location, next to the cave. It’s been going alright so far. It’s a nice, cosy and friendly place, people can come and sit down if they want to, or take away.”
The cafe, open from 7am Monday to Saturday, offers soups, salad bowls, sandwiches, jacket potatoes and cooked breakfasts.
Customer Stuart Hunter said: “The Prawn Marie Rose sandwiches are amazing.
You may also want to watch:
“I loved it so much I came back the next day for my lunch.”
To find out more about the cafe, visit the website at www.thecavernroyston.co.uk or like The Cavern on Facebook.
- 1 11 questions to decide how Royston you are!
- 2 Cambs police crack down on county lines drugs offences
- 3 'Outstanding' Royston police officer wins Chief Constable's award
- 4 Review: Groan Ups is 'like a student sketch show stretched out over two hours'
- 5 Man arrested on suspicion of drugs offence after two warrants issued
- 6 Royston's George Crotty selected by GB for World Boxing Championships
- 7 Inside Country Boarding for Cats and Dogs: Award-winning kennels' labour of love
- 8 Pupils wish villagers a happy harvest with afternoon tea
- 9 25-year-old admits Royston drug dealing
- 10 MP survey slams East West Rail for 'lacklustre' consultation