Cosy cafe on the menu at Royston’s new venue The Cavern
- Credit: Archant
The owners of a new Royston cafe are planning on cooking up a storm at their new breakfast and sandwich bar in Melbourn Street.
Terry Smeeton and Michelle Parker opened up The Cavern on Monday, after searching around the town for a decent venue for a brand new eatery.
Terry said: “I have always wanted to run a cafe, and it was just a good opportunity – it’s in a good location, next to the cave. It’s been going alright so far. It’s a nice, cosy and friendly place, people can come and sit down if they want to, or take away.”
The cafe, open from 7am Monday to Saturday, offers soups, salad bowls, sandwiches, jacket potatoes and cooked breakfasts.
Customer Stuart Hunter said: “The Prawn Marie Rose sandwiches are amazing.
You may also want to watch:
“I loved it so much I came back the next day for my lunch.”
To find out more about the cafe, visit the website at www.thecavernroyston.co.uk or like The Cavern on Facebook.
- 1 National Trust reveal theft of 'historic items' and damage to Wimpole Hall
- 2 Results in for South Cambs District Council by-election
- 3 Walkers put their best foot forward for floating hospital
- 4 Election shock: Tories lose overall control of Cambridgeshire County Council
- 5 Let's go fly a kite as annual festival is set to return
- 6 Parish councils react to High Court decision that councils must meet in person
- 7 COVID deaths at Lister pass grim milestone
- 8 Councillors' 'disappointment' at High Court judgement on remote council meetings
- 9 Filming taking place at National Trust's Wimpole Estate
- 10 Conservators criticised for 'not taking infestation and public health seriously' as rat cull continues