Consultation on plans for 200 new homes in Cambridgeshire village begins
- Credit: Archant
A parish council’s consultation on plans for 200 new homes in their village begins today.
Leaflets will be hand delivered to every home, business and community organisation in Melbourn over the next two days, in a bid to gage views about a development of 200 houses off New Road in the village.
As reported in The Crow last week, the parish council is carrying out the consultation after the development was put back on the table by property developers Endurance Homes. The results of the questionnaire will shape the council’s response to the plan.
Councillor Jose Hales, district councillor for Melbourn, said: “Members of the public are urged to take part in this consultation and return their forms by the 4pm on October 13 to the village community hub in the High Street.”
Meanwhile, Endurance Estates are redelivering 2,500 leaflets to homes in the village after residents claimed they hadn’t received them.
You may also want to watch:
The firm’s development director Ben Hooton said: “We have taken immediate steps to respond to local feedback. So seriously do we take this that we have arranged a re-delivery. As well as monitoring this ourselves and inviting others to scrutinise the process, the distribution company will use sophisticated GPS tracking devices.
“These will allow us to follow live the exact GPS location of the delivery team from any device connected to the Internet.”
- 1 5 haunted locations that will give you a Halloween fright
- 2 'We were lied to' - Residents' dismay as development prompts privacy concerns
- 3 No Time To Die is 'a bloated but entertaining slice of spy action'
- 4 Tributes paid to 'greatly respected' coach operator
- 5 Julian Clary and Matthew Kelly star in 'a theatrical gem' at Cambridge Arts Theatre
- 6 Signs on A505 to discourage littering after stretch becomes 'eyesore'
- 7 Guitar once owned by Pink Floyd's Syd Barrett to be sold at Cambridge auction
- 8 Mission Impossible and Top Gun star Tom Cruise spotted flying at Duxford
- 9 Opinion: Shock tactics needed for retirement saving
- 10 Riverdance's 25th anniversary show lifts the roof off Cambridge Corn Exchange