Consultation on plans for 200 new homes in Cambridgeshire village begins
- Credit: Archant
A parish council’s consultation on plans for 200 new homes in their village begins today.
Leaflets will be hand delivered to every home, business and community organisation in Melbourn over the next two days, in a bid to gage views about a development of 200 houses off New Road in the village.
As reported in The Crow last week, the parish council is carrying out the consultation after the development was put back on the table by property developers Endurance Homes. The results of the questionnaire will shape the council’s response to the plan.
Councillor Jose Hales, district councillor for Melbourn, said: “Members of the public are urged to take part in this consultation and return their forms by the 4pm on October 13 to the village community hub in the High Street.”
Meanwhile, Endurance Estates are redelivering 2,500 leaflets to homes in the village after residents claimed they hadn’t received them.
You may also want to watch:
The firm’s development director Ben Hooton said: “We have taken immediate steps to respond to local feedback. So seriously do we take this that we have arranged a re-delivery. As well as monitoring this ourselves and inviting others to scrutinise the process, the distribution company will use sophisticated GPS tracking devices.
“These will allow us to follow live the exact GPS location of the delivery team from any device connected to the Internet.”
- 1 Pupils celebrate all things Roald Dahl with 'Whoopsy Whiffling' day
- 2 'Father' found guilty of murdering his teenage daughter
- 3 Nail bars and car washes targeted in modern day slavery checks
- 4 Cambridge Country Show promises 'something for everybody'
- 5 Kevin’s powerful testimony challenges us to #DoTheRightThing
- 6 Suspected arsonist held after health centre fire
- 7 Constituency boundary review - have you had your say?
- 8 Royston Museum finally set to reopen to families
- 9 Arrests made in connection with large-scale money laundering operation
- 10 RAF Red Arrows and Typhoon dazzle crowds at Duxford Summer Air Show