Consultancy has designs on China
A DESIGN consultancy has been selected to help British designers win business in China. Quadro design associates, based in Buckland, were chosen as members of the new China Design Task Force. Phil Gray, founder director of Quadro and member of the task fo
A DESIGN consultancy has been selected to help British designers win business in China.
Quadro design associates, based in Buckland, were chosen as members of the new China Design Task Force.
Phil Gray, founder director of Quadro and member of the task force, said: "It's a privilege to have been selected and it gives us the opportunity to share our experience of working in the south of China for the last nine years.
"We've seen at first hand the rapid changes that are taking place in the region. There is a real thirst for learning and increasing demand for design services."
The 11-member task force is made up of British design companies that have significant international experience, particularly in Asia.
The task force, set up by UK Trade and Investment, will host seminars in China about the strength of UK design.
- 1 Fine issued after rubbish fly-tipped in country lane
- 2 MPs remain silent on whether they have confidence in PM
- 3 Royston Golf Club donates £1,000 to hospice
- 4 Man sentenced for handling stolen goods - including designer watch, clothes and laptop
- 5 Cyclist in hospital with life-threatening injuries after crash
- 6 Goalkeeper with incurable brain tumour overwhelmed by fundraiser response
- 7 Ian Stewart 'appeared odd' at wife Diane's funeral, court hears
- 8 Drug dealer jailed after being found with heroin and crack cocaine
- 9 Bank cards, electrical items and jewellery stolen in burglary
- 10 New cops truck catches out law-breaking drivers in successful week
Mr Gray said: "I'm sure with our colleagues in the task force we will be able to seize this opportunity and build some real momentum for British designers.