Therfield Heath conservators chairman issues statement on neutrality ahead of election
- Credit: Archant
The chairman of the Conservators of Therfield Heath and Greens has issued a statement highlighting the group’s neutrality, ahead of this evening’s election.
In a statement on the Conservators' website, John King said: "As chairman of the Conservators of Therfield Heath and Greens, I wish to confirm that the Election of Conservators to represent the Special Drainage District of Royston will take place on February 19, 2020, at 7.05 pm at King James Academy junior site.
"Two nominations have been received for the Special Drainage District of Royston Representative, so there will be an election.
"The Conservators remain neutral and wish both candidates the best.
"The two candidates are John Davison and Clare Swarbrick."
You may also want to watch:
The statement came more than a week after the election candidates' statements were posted on the Conservators of Heath and Greens website - where John Davison said the conservators want him to be re-elected.
Last week the Crow ran profile pieces by the candidates, in their own words.
- 1 Let's go fly a kite as annual festival is set to return
- 2 Filming taking place at National Trust's Wimpole Estate
- 3 National Trust reveal theft of 'historic items' and damage to Wimpole Hall
- 4 How many children are living in poverty in North Herts?
- 5 Parish councils react to High Court decision that councils must meet in person
- 6 Car wash raids spark modern slavery fears in Cambridgeshire
- 7 'Dawning of a new era' as Melbourn Community Hub prepares to reopen
- 8 Who is standing in Royston Town Council Meridian ward election?
- 9 Michael Portillo's Great British Railway Journeys visits Cambridge on BBC Two this week
- 10 Candidates in North Herts prepare to stand for county council elections
For reaction to the election, see next week's Crow.