Therfield Heath conservators chairman issues statement on neutrality ahead of election
- Credit: Archant
The chairman of the Conservators of Therfield Heath and Greens has issued a statement highlighting the group’s neutrality, ahead of this evening’s election.
In a statement on the Conservators' website, John King said: "As chairman of the Conservators of Therfield Heath and Greens, I wish to confirm that the Election of Conservators to represent the Special Drainage District of Royston will take place on February 19, 2020, at 7.05 pm at King James Academy junior site.
"Two nominations have been received for the Special Drainage District of Royston Representative, so there will be an election.
"The Conservators remain neutral and wish both candidates the best.
"The two candidates are John Davison and Clare Swarbrick."
You may also want to watch:
The statement came more than a week after the election candidates' statements were posted on the Conservators of Heath and Greens website - where John Davison said the conservators want him to be re-elected.
Last week the Crow ran profile pieces by the candidates, in their own words.
- 1 'We were lied to' - Residents' dismay as development prompts privacy concerns
- 2 5 haunted locations that will give you a Halloween fright
- 3 Tributes paid to 'greatly respected' coach operator
- 4 Julian Clary and Matthew Kelly star in 'a theatrical gem' at Cambridge Arts Theatre
- 5 MPs pay tribute following death of Sir David Amess
- 6 Signs on A505 to discourage littering after stretch becomes 'eyesore'
- 7 Fundraisers walk, run and roll in month-long charity challenge
- 8 No Time To Die is 'a bloated but entertaining slice of spy action'
- 9 Guitar once owned by Pink Floyd's Syd Barrett to be sold at Cambridge auction
- 10 Family pay tribute to 'truly special individual' killed in A1307 crash
For reaction to the election, see next week's Crow.