Therfield Heath conservators chairman issues statement on neutrality ahead of election
- Credit: Archant
The chairman of the Conservators of Therfield Heath and Greens has issued a statement highlighting the group’s neutrality, ahead of this evening’s election.
In a statement on the Conservators' website, John King said: "As chairman of the Conservators of Therfield Heath and Greens, I wish to confirm that the Election of Conservators to represent the Special Drainage District of Royston will take place on February 19, 2020, at 7.05 pm at King James Academy junior site.
"Two nominations have been received for the Special Drainage District of Royston Representative, so there will be an election.
"The Conservators remain neutral and wish both candidates the best.
"The two candidates are John Davison and Clare Swarbrick."
You may also want to watch:
The statement came more than a week after the election candidates' statements were posted on the Conservators of Heath and Greens website - where John Davison said the conservators want him to be re-elected.
Last week the Crow ran profile pieces by the candidates, in their own words.
- 1 New care home for Royston unanimously approved
- 2 Bassingbourn Barracks: New chapter for Army’s flagship operational training centre
- 3 Cambridge Country Show promises 'something for everybody'
- 4 From Hertfordshire to the Strictly dancefloor: 7 Strictly Come Dancing contestant from the county
- 5 Stunning snap causes stir online
- 6 Nuthampstead Olympic Shooter takes bronze in Tokyo
- 7 Train services resume after earlier disruption at Royston
- 8 Huge splash of support for Meldreth diver Dan Goodfellow
- 9 Arrests made in connection with large-scale money laundering operation
- 10 Roystonian becomes president of American broadband firm
For reaction to the election, see next week's Crow.