Conflicts of interest’ fear over working partnership plan
A WORKING partnership between Buntingford Town Council and the town centre management team will not be set up for the time being. The idea was for the town council to become more involved with the management team. But no action is to be taken following a
A WORKING partnership between Buntingford Town Council and the town centre management team will not be set up for the time being.
The idea was for the town council to become more involved with the management team.
But no action is to be taken following a resources committee meeting on Thursday.
Councillor Pat Whittaker said: "I am not in favour of the partnership because both sides are coming from different directions. One is a democratically elected body and the other isn't.
You may also want to watch:
"I think we need something promoting the town on a day-to-day basis.
"If the two groups team up there could be conflicts of interest, so what we need is a pressure group acting independently.
- 1 5 haunted locations that will give you a Halloween fright
- 2 'We were lied to' - Residents' dismay as development prompts privacy concerns
- 3 Julian Clary and Matthew Kelly star in 'a theatrical gem' at Cambridge Arts Theatre
- 4 Signs on A505 to discourage littering after stretch becomes 'eyesore'
- 5 No Time To Die is 'a bloated but entertaining slice of spy action'
- 6 Tributes paid to 'greatly respected' coach operator
- 7 Guitar once owned by Pink Floyd's Syd Barrett to be sold at Cambridge auction
- 8 MPs pay tribute following death of Sir David Amess
- 9 Mission Impossible and Top Gun star Tom Cruise spotted flying at Duxford
- 10 25-year-old admits Royston drug dealing
"Another concern I have is the extra money factor. I gather if we had gone into partnership with the management team, the group would have looked for more money from the town council."
Town centre manager Mark Dell said: "I think the partnership was a good idea, because like the management team, the town council has the interests of the town at heart.
"Any partnership with them would be good for the future of the town, but with uncertainty of the direction of the management team in the near future, then it perhaps thought a partnership at this stage was not appropriate, but may be in the future.