Concert in memory of Malcom
A CELEBRATORY concert in memory of Malcolm Pointon is to be held next month. The musician died last month after a 15 year battle with Alzheimer s. Having a strong passion for music, his wife Barbara described the concert as the most fitting tribute .
A CELEBRATORY concert in memory of Malcolm Pointon is to be held next month.
The musician died last month after a 15 year battle with Alzheimer's.
Having a strong passion for music, his wife Barbara described the concert as "the most fitting tribute".
She said: "There will be all kinds of music to celebrate Malcolm's life. It will be a joyful event, that will feature the music he loved, including jazz, modern pop, non-western and classical."
You may also want to watch:
The concert which will be at Homerton College on Saturday, April 28 at 2.30pm.
It will include anecdotes of Malcolm's life and his own compositions - he wrote more than 500 pieces.
- 1 Royston Kite Festival decision 'under review' as lockdown extended
- 2 Two lorry crash blocks part of A14 in Cambridgeshire
- 3 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 4 Mayor ‘wantonly diverted’ £40m of housing cash
- 5 Hotel on Duxford IWM site given go-ahead after council re-vote
- 6 Motorhome and car involved in A505 crash
- 7 Village leader awarded BEM for community centre build and more
- 8 Defibrillators: How you could save a life
- 9 Ski trip interest 'peaks' at Melbourn Village College
- 10 Community stalwart who led national effort to help navy veterans during pandemic receives BEM
Mrs Pointon added: "It will give everyone a chance to remember Malcolm and celebrate his life as a person and as a musician.