Community urged to nominate for Naturally Royston’s front garden competition
Is your gran green-fingered? Are your neighbours’ pots always pruned? Does your pal plough on with the gardening come rain or shine? Then you could enter them into Royston Town Council’s front garden competition.
This year, the council’s Naturally Royston team are asking you to nominate a friend, family member or neighbour living in Royston, if you think their front garden is worthy of recognition.
Download the nomination forms from roystontowncouncil.gov.uk – or call into the office to collect and post through deserving gardeners’ front doors before the end of June.
And if you are the recipient and get a leaflet through your door telling you that someone loves your front garden, contact the town hall to be entered into the competition.
Judging will take place from the beginning of July and the top three winners will receive £100, £50 and £25 respectively, with an award certificate.
This is the second year the competition has been held. Last year first prize was awarded to Derek Bunting, whose garden got a wow from the judges and scored highly in all the criteria.
Second prize was awarded to Lesley Hutchins, and Wendy Ball’s garden came third.
- 1 Former nurse at Stevenage's Lister Hospital struck off
- 2 Hundreds in Herts fined for breaking lockdown rules
- 3 Ian Stewart murder trial: Diane 'suffered lack of oxygen for up to an hour'
- 4 Hero dog sniffs out cash for charity with golf ball mission
- 5 Stewart 'wasn't distressed and calmly answered questions' at scene of wife's death, paramedic tells court
- 6 Teenage moped rider seriously injured in crash
- 7 Ian Stewart's sons say 'devastated father was in tears at wife's death'
- 8 Murder trial told Ian Stewart was 'so cross' after sister-in-law called coroner
- 9 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most desirable villages
- 10 How are England's Covid restrictions changing after Plan B?