Community urged to nominate for Naturally Royston’s front garden competition
Is your gran green-fingered? Are your neighbours’ pots always pruned? Does your pal plough on with the gardening come rain or shine? Then you could enter them into Royston Town Council’s front garden competition.
This year, the council’s Naturally Royston team are asking you to nominate a friend, family member or neighbour living in Royston, if you think their front garden is worthy of recognition.
Download the nomination forms from roystontowncouncil.gov.uk – or call into the office to collect and post through deserving gardeners’ front doors before the end of June.
And if you are the recipient and get a leaflet through your door telling you that someone loves your front garden, contact the town hall to be entered into the competition.
Judging will take place from the beginning of July and the top three winners will receive £100, £50 and £25 respectively, with an award certificate.
You may also want to watch:
This is the second year the competition has been held. Last year first prize was awarded to Derek Bunting, whose garden got a wow from the judges and scored highly in all the criteria.
Second prize was awarded to Lesley Hutchins, and Wendy Ball’s garden came third.
- 1 'We were lied to' - Residents' dismay as development prompts privacy concerns
- 2 5 haunted locations that will give you a Halloween fright
- 3 MPs pay tribute following death of Sir David Amess
- 4 Tributes paid to 'greatly respected' coach operator
- 5 Julian Clary and Matthew Kelly star in 'a theatrical gem' at Cambridge Arts Theatre
- 6 Signs on A505 to discourage littering after stretch becomes 'eyesore'
- 7 Fundraisers walk, run and roll in month-long charity challenge
- 8 No Time To Die is 'a bloated but entertaining slice of spy action'
- 9 Guitar once owned by Pink Floyd's Syd Barrett to be sold at Cambridge auction
- 10 Family pay tribute to 'truly special individual' killed in A1307 crash