Community urged to nominate for Naturally Royston’s front garden competition
Is your gran green-fingered? Are your neighbours’ pots always pruned? Does your pal plough on with the gardening come rain or shine? Then you could enter them into Royston Town Council’s front garden competition.
This year, the council’s Naturally Royston team are asking you to nominate a friend, family member or neighbour living in Royston, if you think their front garden is worthy of recognition.
Download the nomination forms from roystontowncouncil.gov.uk – or call into the office to collect and post through deserving gardeners’ front doors before the end of June.
And if you are the recipient and get a leaflet through your door telling you that someone loves your front garden, contact the town hall to be entered into the competition.
Judging will take place from the beginning of July and the top three winners will receive £100, £50 and £25 respectively, with an award certificate.
You may also want to watch:
This is the second year the competition has been held. Last year first prize was awarded to Derek Bunting, whose garden got a wow from the judges and scored highly in all the criteria.
Second prize was awarded to Lesley Hutchins, and Wendy Ball’s garden came third.
- 1 New care home for Royston unanimously approved
- 2 Bassingbourn Barracks: New chapter for Army’s flagship operational training centre
- 3 Cambridge Country Show promises 'something for everybody'
- 4 From Hertfordshire to the Strictly dancefloor: 7 Strictly Come Dancing contestant from the county
- 5 Stunning snap causes stir online
- 6 Nuthampstead Olympic Shooter takes bronze in Tokyo
- 7 Train services resume after earlier disruption at Royston
- 8 Huge splash of support for Meldreth diver Dan Goodfellow
- 9 Arrests made in connection with large-scale money laundering operation
- 10 Roystonian becomes president of American broadband firm