REED First School has earned high praise from Ofsted inspectors. Personal development and well-being was graded as outstanding with other areas good. Inspector Keith Sadler stated: Assemblies create a strong sense of community, and this enables pupils t
REED First School has earned high praise from Ofsted inspectors.
Personal development and well-being was graded as outstanding with other areas good.
Inspector Keith Sadler stated: "Assemblies create a strong sense of community, and this enables pupils to feel proud of themselves and what they have achieved.
"Pupils are clear about the benefits of exercise, and have an exceptionally clear appreciation of healthy eating."
Head teacher Alison Thomas said: "I am particularly pleased that the children's care was rated so highly, and it shows that the pupils are very happy.
"The report has left staff, governors and parents delighted. We have a wonderful team, and the staff and children have worked extremely hard - I'm very proud of them."
- 1 Three dogs including pregnant Jack Russell stolen from Wimpole kennels
- 2 MP visits Royston lab to learn about local success story
- 3 Explained: What the cost of living support package means for you
- 4 Stevenage's Lister Hospital changes maternity visiting guidance
- 5 Family of patient who died from drug overdose speak out after inquest
- 6 Platinum Jubilee: Hertfordshire's royal visits in pictures
- 7 Up on the roof: Choir sings from top of 163ft chapel tower at Cambridge college
- 8 Every household in the UK to get £400 to help with rising energy bills
- 9 Axing BBC TV news from Cambridge 'a backward step' says MP
- 10 All aboard for Steam at the Hoops festival in Bassingbourn
Mrs Thomas said that the pupils' attitude and behaviour also scored highly.
One parent said: "I moved my child from another school 18 months ago and her behaviour and schooling has improved tenfold."
Inspector Mr Sadler said: "It is a good school and everybody who works there tries very hard to help pupils do well.
"The teachers are good and they work hard to make sure that lessons are interesting and exciting. The school is also lucky in having a good headteacher. Mrs Thomas makes sure that pupils can all work and play together in such a friendly way.