REED First School has earned high praise from Ofsted inspectors. Personal development and well-being was graded as outstanding with other areas good. Inspector Keith Sadler stated: Assemblies create a strong sense of community, and this enables pupils t
REED First School has earned high praise from Ofsted inspectors.
Personal development and well-being was graded as outstanding with other areas good.
Inspector Keith Sadler stated: "Assemblies create a strong sense of community, and this enables pupils to feel proud of themselves and what they have achieved.
"Pupils are clear about the benefits of exercise, and have an exceptionally clear appreciation of healthy eating."
You may also want to watch:
Head teacher Alison Thomas said: "I am particularly pleased that the children's care was rated so highly, and it shows that the pupils are very happy.
"The report has left staff, governors and parents delighted. We have a wonderful team, and the staff and children have worked extremely hard - I'm very proud of them."
- 1 Pre-school plots Pyjamarama fundraising day for book charity
- 2 Rainbow alliance set out their stall for Cambridgeshire
- 3 Woman dies after being hit by lorry
- 4 Royston Community Health to close as hospital hub plan deemed unattainable
- 5 Charity shop supervisor fraudster must pay back £2,550
- 6 'We are bursting with excitement to welcome community back into our pubs!'
- 7 Royston Town Council by-election: Meridian ward result
- 8 Filming taking place at National Trust's Wimpole Estate
- 9 Car wash raids spark modern slavery fears in Cambridgeshire
- 10 Missing teen found safe and well
Mrs Thomas said that the pupils' attitude and behaviour also scored highly.
One parent said: "I moved my child from another school 18 months ago and her behaviour and schooling has improved tenfold."
Inspector Mr Sadler said: "It is a good school and everybody who works there tries very hard to help pupils do well.
"The teachers are good and they work hard to make sure that lessons are interesting and exciting. The school is also lucky in having a good headteacher. Mrs Thomas makes sure that pupils can all work and play together in such a friendly way.