Community safety event to be held in Royston
- Credit: Archant
MARKET Hill in Royston will play host to a community safety event on Wednesday, giving local people the opportunity to meet all the different agencies who work together to help keep the town a safe and pleasant place to live.
The event, being organised by the North Herts Community Safety Partnership will include exciting safety demonstrations on how to put out fires, a free property marking service, advice on home security and other neighbourhood issues like anti-social behaviour and responsible dog ownership.
There will also be representatives from Careline, the community alarm service, and Herts Community Meals Service to offer information on what they provide for older people in the community.
Cllr Tony Hunter, North Herts District Council’s Portfolio Holder for Community Engagement, said: “Even though crime figures in North Herts continue to fall, a recent consultation showed that people from around the district highlighted concerns on crimes like burglary and vandalism.
“This is why we would like to encourage everyone to come along to meet our community safety team and take advantage of the demonstrations and crime prevention advice on offer.“
You may also want to watch:
North Herts Community Safety Sergeant Richard Wilmot added: “This event is a great chance for the community to come and say hello to their local policing team too and discuss any issues or concerns they have. We look forward to seeing you there!”
The event takes place on Wednesday, August 14, and runs from 10am-noon.
- 1 Man jailed after attacking victim with glass bottle in hotel room
- 2 Young Crows net funding for club improvements
- 3 'If I lived three miles away the obstacles would've been lower' - Councillor calls for IVF to be reinstated in Cambs
- 4 Network Rail seeks green light for Cambridge South station
- 5 Limes Communal Rooms to become Bassingbourn's village hall
- 6 Families celebrate Father's Day at IWM Duxford
- 7 Flasher who attacked officers appears in court
- 8 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 9 Have you seen missing parrot Charlie?
- 10 Hallmark Trophy decided in close-run contest at Heydon Grange Golf Club