Help spruce up Royston station at gardening event
- Credit: Picture: DANNY LOO
Royston residents are being encouraged to get involved in a community gardening event on Wednesday next week, to help spruce up the town’s railway station.
The event will start at 9.30am and will involve the planting of new floral displays and maintaining the existing displays at the station.
Area station manager Karen Gregson said: "We are encouraging members of the community to join Govia Thameslink Railway colleagues in creating a station everyone can be proud of and enjoy. We will be planting a variety of shrubs and flowers to brighten up the station environment.
"Any help from the public would be warmly welcomed."
The community gardening day is part of a series of public events with residents at stations along the Great Northern and Thameslink route.
You may also want to watch:
Snacks and refreshments will be provided. For more information, speak to station staff.
- 1 Heath threatened with 'eyesore' borehole kiosks
- 2 Royston man to stand trial for permitting production of cannabis
- 3 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 4 What's next for Thakeham development after Local Plan sites revealed?
- 5 Girl power and horse power prove a winning combination for Meldreth racing driver Lizzy
- 6 King James Academy to continue as school sport hub for north east Hertfordshire
- 7 Riverdance's 25th anniversary show lifts the roof off Cambridge Corn Exchange
- 8 Award-winning CADS production at Royston Arts Festival
- 9 In pictures: The Battle of Britain Air Show 2021 at IWM Duxford
- 10 Mum of four sought by police over child neglect claims