Help spruce up Royston station at gardening event
- Credit: Picture: DANNY LOO
Royston residents are being encouraged to get involved in a community gardening event on Wednesday next week, to help spruce up the town’s railway station.
The event will start at 9.30am and will involve the planting of new floral displays and maintaining the existing displays at the station.
Area station manager Karen Gregson said: "We are encouraging members of the community to join Govia Thameslink Railway colleagues in creating a station everyone can be proud of and enjoy. We will be planting a variety of shrubs and flowers to brighten up the station environment.
"Any help from the public would be warmly welcomed."
The community gardening day is part of a series of public events with residents at stations along the Great Northern and Thameslink route.
You may also want to watch:
Snacks and refreshments will be provided. For more information, speak to station staff.
- 1 Kite Festival cancelled after lockdown extension
- 2 A505 campaigner on safety improvement progress and wrong-way driver near-miss
- 3 Grandmother runs Royston in Blue 5k solo to raise money for charity
- 4 Limes Communal Rooms to become Bassingbourn's village hall
- 5 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 6 Man jailed after attacking victim with glass bottle in hotel room
- 7 Young Crows net funding for club improvements
- 8 What is happening in our area for Armed Forces Day?
- 9 Network Rail seeks green light for Cambridge South station
- 10 Socially-distanced festival is a welcome return to pre-pandemic good times