Community exhibition coming up
THIS Saturday, The Coombes Community Centre in Burns Road will play host to a unique event that promises to showcase Royston’s wide range of organisations, and could become a permanent fixture in the town’s calendar.
The Community Exhibition, organised by North Royston Action Group (NRAG), will feature stalls from over 30 different local organisations that will be displaying what they have to offer.
NRAG chair Jayne Bratton said: “I am so grateful to every organisation that has put up a poster or promoted the event in any way, the members of NRAG who have so generously given up their time and of course the exhibitors who plan to come along.
“This is truly a community event being organised and run by the community. We have everything possible planned so regardless of the weather it promises to be the place to be on Saturday afternoon.”
The event is free, and runs from 2pm until 5pm, with an opening by Royston Town Mayor Cllr Martin Beaver.
Over 100 posters have been put up around town as well as the 2000 flyers that have been put through doors, and three large banners in the Royston area.
“There are so many reasons for people to come along,” said Mrs Bratton. “Finding a new circle of friends for themselves or their children, wanting to know more about neighbourhood watch, to feel a bigger part of the community, to meet the mayor, to get free advice on a range of topics or simply to have a cup of tea, as refreshments are available.”
- 1 Three dogs including pregnant Jack Russell stolen from Wimpole kennels
- 2 Stevenage's Lister Hospital changes maternity visiting guidance
- 3 MP visits Royston lab to learn about local success story
- 4 Family of patient who died from drug overdose speak out after inquest
- 5 Explained: What the cost of living support package means for you
- 6 Platinum Jubilee: Hertfordshire's royal visits in pictures
- 7 Axing BBC TV news from Cambridge 'a backward step' says MP
- 8 Strictly for Charity fundraising event gets people's toes tapping for Home-Start
- 9 Every household in the UK to get £400 to help with rising energy bills
- 10 All aboard for Steam at the Hoops festival in Bassingbourn
There are still places available to become an exhibitor at the event. If you are interested, call NRAG secretary Angela Winter on 07784 255327 or 01763 660100, or email on email@example.com.
Full list of exhibitors:
Time to Change
The Volunteer Centre
The North Herts over 50s Group
The North Royston Action Group (NRAG)
The Nicola Emmerson Trust
The Light Party
The House Project – with electronic games to play
The Child Centre
Supporting our Soldiers (SOS)
Royston Townswomen’s Guild
Royston Rugby Club
Royston Museum – with a large exhibition
Royston Lions Club
Royston Greenfingers Club
Royston BMX – who will also be showing their skills at the BMX track
Royston and District Model Railway
Royston and District Community Transport
Royston & District Family History Society
Police with bike stamping and crime prevention
If Only - Jayne Bratton’s suicide coping charity
Frank Letts Blind Fellowship
Fire Brigade – with a fire engine and firemen!
Corvus Am Dram Association
Coombes Community Centre – representing many organisations who use the centre