Community event to make its bow
A COMMUNITY event described as a councillor’s “dream” is to take place for the first time this year.
The 2010 Community Exhibition, organised by North Royston Action Group (NRAG), will be held on Saturday October 23 at the Coombes Community Centre from 2pm until 5pm. If successful it could become an annual event.
It will include displays from many different local groups and organisations that will be providing demonstrations and activities for free.
Jayne Bratton, chair of NRAG, said: “Even if only one person joins a group or gets help that they didn’t know was there as a result of this exhibition, then it will be all worth it.
“However, with the amount of enthusiasm from the fantastic range of groups who will be there, I believe it will be a real success and many people will meet new friends and get support.”
You may also want to watch:
NRAG are residents group from North Royston who formed in November last year in objection to the proposed building of 250 homes in the area.
Since then, with the help of Cllr Robert Inwood, they have pledged to set up a Neighbourhood Watch scheme, which will be launched at this event.
- 1 Inside Country Boarding for Cats and Dogs: Award-winning kennels' labour of love
- 2 Royston's George Crotty selected by GB for World Boxing Championships
- 3 Man arrested on suspicion of drugs offence after two warrants issued
- 4 MP survey slams East West Rail for 'lacklustre' consultation
- 5 Group of mums and dad in wig go the distance for wheelchair charity
- 6 Pupils wish villagers a happy harvest with afternoon tea
- 7 'We were lied to' - Residents' dismay as development prompts privacy concerns
- 8 Lets get Cambridgeshire back on the buses says mayor
- 9 Tributes paid to 'greatly respected' coach operator
- 10 Ewan's handiwork sees him give back to his old school with help of charity
Mrs Bratton said: “We decided to combine the launch with one of Rob’s dreams, which is to have an annual event enabling the young to the young at heart of North Royston to see the support and vast range of activities there are in the area.”
Royston Mayor Cllr Martin beaver will open the event, which will include displays from Homestart, Royston Rugby Club, Freecycle, The Family History Society, The Evergreen Club, Royston & District Model Railway Club, If Only… and many more.
There will also be fire engines, police cars, face painting, bike stamping and many more childrens attractions.
For more information or to become an exhibitor email firstname.lastname@example.org or call the group sectrtary Angela Winter on 07784 255327 or 01763 660100.