Comedy duo hope for small screen success
A “MAKE or break” comedy TV pilot based on a Royston duo’s misadventures in London has been filmed.
The show, written and starring Kieran McGarvie and Adrian Manning, who now lives in Baldock, was shot at the weekend.
But the two comedians almost didn’t make it to the production stage after problems with the show’s original format and producer.
Kieran McGarvie, of Serby Avenue, said: “We were picked up by a production company when we were doing a music video because they thought we were quite funny.
“We had problems with our producer and we had to find a new one – we were going to give up – we thought it wasn’t going to happen.”
“It’s make or break – we got a new producer and it’s completely new.”
Tentatively titled Manning and McGarvie, the show, set in Hackney, will see the two friends battle culture shock after moving from genteel Royston – with the help of an attractive female south London native.
- 1 US star George Clooney spotted directing new film in Hertfordshire
- 2 Three dogs including pregnant Jack Russell stolen from Wimpole kennels
- 3 Family of patient who died from drug overdose speak out after inquest
- 4 MP visits Royston lab to learn about local success story
- 5 Royston children encouraged to write to the Queen
- 6 Council confirms first monkeypox case in Hertfordshire
- 7 Strictly for Charity fundraising event gets people's toes tapping for Home-Start
- 8 Police find body in search for missing 71-year-old Raymond
- 9 New mayor makes historic market her first stop
- 10 Explained: What the cost of living support package means for you
The 25-year-old described the sit-com as most closely resembling classic 90s comedy Men Behaving Badly – but said they have tried to make it as unique as possible.
Mr McGarvie hopes the show will be picked up by some of the major networks but says it is not about simply becoming famous.
“It’s about passion and self-belief and proving to Royston that you can try to do something quite big,” he said.