Comedy duo hope for small screen success
A “MAKE or break” comedy TV pilot based on a Royston duo’s misadventures in London has been filmed.
The show, written and starring Kieran McGarvie and Adrian Manning, who now lives in Baldock, was shot at the weekend.
But the two comedians almost didn’t make it to the production stage after problems with the show’s original format and producer.
Kieran McGarvie, of Serby Avenue, said: “We were picked up by a production company when we were doing a music video because they thought we were quite funny.
“We had problems with our producer and we had to find a new one – we were going to give up – we thought it wasn’t going to happen.”
You may also want to watch:
“It’s make or break – we got a new producer and it’s completely new.”
Tentatively titled Manning and McGarvie, the show, set in Hackney, will see the two friends battle culture shock after moving from genteel Royston – with the help of an attractive female south London native.
- 1 New care home for Royston unanimously approved
- 2 Bassingbourn Barracks: New chapter for Army’s flagship operational training centre
- 3 Cambridge Country Show promises 'something for everybody'
- 4 From Hertfordshire to the Strictly dancefloor: 7 Strictly Come Dancing contestant from the county
- 5 Stunning snap causes stir online
- 6 Train services resume after earlier disruption at Royston
- 7 Nuthampstead Olympic Shooter takes bronze in Tokyo
- 8 Huge splash of support for Meldreth diver Dan Goodfellow
- 9 Arrests made in connection with large-scale money laundering operation
- 10 Roystonian becomes president of American broadband firm
The 25-year-old described the sit-com as most closely resembling classic 90s comedy Men Behaving Badly – but said they have tried to make it as unique as possible.
Mr McGarvie hopes the show will be picked up by some of the major networks but says it is not about simply becoming famous.
“It’s about passion and self-belief and proving to Royston that you can try to do something quite big,” he said.