Come into the garden, say villagers
GARDENERS in Barrington are opening their gardens to the public in aid of the village church. Friends of Barrington Village Church have organised the ninth open gardens, on June 23-24, to raise money for new facilities at the church. Paul Cook has been in
GARDENERS in Barrington are opening their gardens to the public in aid of the village church.
Friends of Barrington Village Church have organised the ninth open gardens, on June 23-24, to raise money for new facilities at the church.
Paul Cook has been involved since the beginning and is once more preparing to put his garden on display.
He said: "I was a founder member of the Friends of Barrington Church, and I always look forward to the open gardens."
You may also want to watch:
Mr Cook created his garden, which includes a vegetable patch and pond as well as a wide variety of plants, from scratch.
He said: "When I arrived the garden was just a field, so I've had to put in a lot of work.
- 1 Barley Flower Tower to be cut into pieces!
- 2 New app allows passengers to order bus to virtual stops
- 3 Teacher raises more than £3,000 with charity run in mother's memory
- 4 Historic Mayflower train makes its way through Royston and Meldreth
- 5 Get set for Strawberries & Creem Festival in the Cambridgeshire countryside
- 6 Mum of four sought by police over child neglect claims
- 7 This Hound could run and and run... Sherlock Holmes play was 'a fun evening'
- 8 Co-operation 'vital' in A505 Royston to Granta Park scheme
- 9 Camera to be installed in village to address long-standing speeding woes
- 10 Lack of public transport blamed for collapse of £10.5m training centre
"I've planted just about every plant except for one tree, and now I'm retired I can sit and enjoy it!
"I spend a lot of time maintaining the garden, probably about two hours every day."
As well as Mr Cook's garden, there will be 16 other gardens available for visitors to browse.
Tickets cost £3 for adults and are valid for both days. Children are admitted free of charge. The gardens are open from 2-5.30pm on both days.