Come into the garden...
Gardens will be open show at an annual village event on Sunday. The Ashwell At Home show, from noon-6pm, will see 19 homes open up their gardens for people to visit and admire. There will also be plenty of attractions for the whole family, including a car
Gardens will be open show at an annual village event on Sunday.
The Ashwell At Home show, from noon-6pm, will see 19 homes open up their gardens for people to visit and admire.
There will also be plenty of attractions for the whole family, including a car boot sale, Morris dancers, veteran cars, and vintage cycles.
The community event was set up in 1983 and still enjoys success with village businesses, the museum, school and church taking part.
You may also want to watch:
Proceeds form the day will be shared between Ashwell Village Museum, church and school.
Tickets cost £5 for adults, children under 14 are free. There will be a free car park where visitors can buy tickets and programmes.
- 1 Man jailed after attacking victim with glass bottle in hotel room
- 2 'If I lived three miles away the obstacles would've been lower' - Councillor calls for IVF to be reinstated in Cambs
- 3 Flasher who attacked officers appears in court
- 4 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 5 Have you seen missing parrot Charlie?
- 6 Young Crows net funding for club improvements
- 7 Network Rail seeks green light for Cambridge South station
- 8 Students' work featured in online art exhibition
- 9 Families celebrate Father's Day at IWM Duxford
- 10 New bus and cycle shelters to help bring sustainable travel to town
- Gardens will be opening their gates to the public in another village on Sunday.
People are encouraged to visit and admire the gardens that will be on show in Foxton.
Visitors will be supplied with a programme containing a map and a summary of each garden.
Money raised will go towards improving facilities for allotment holders in the village who are in desperate need of a water supply after a dry spring.
Tickets will allow entry to all gardens, the church and the dovecote.
They are available from secretary of Foxton Gardens Association Cath Brooksbank.
Foxton Open Gardens will take place on Sunday, from 2-5pm.