College goes from strength to strength
IN a recent Ofsted report, Freman College in Buntingford has been praised for its high standards and student behaviour. The Ofsted inspector also commented on the high quality teaching, supported by good subject knowledge that meets the needs of all lea
IN a recent Ofsted report, Freman College in Buntingford has been praised for its high standards and student behaviour.
The Ofsted inspector also commented on the "high quality teaching, supported by good subject knowledge that meets the needs of all learners" and said that the college is going from strength to strength.
The inspector was impressed by the students and stated that "the students' behaviour in class and around the college was excellent".
Head teacher Helen Loughran said: "I am delighted by the report which identifies all the real strengths of the school.
You may also want to watch:
"The inspectors especially liked the way we work so closely with our partner middle and first schools to provide continuous high quality education and care for our local community.
"Our vertical tutor groups and house system were also highlighted as having
- 1 Pre-school plots Pyjamarama fundraising day for book charity
- 2 Rainbow alliance set out their stall for Cambridgeshire
- 3 Woman dies after being hit by lorry
- 4 Royston Community Health to close as hospital hub plan deemed unattainable
- 5 'We are bursting with excitement to welcome community back into our pubs!'
- 6 Charity shop supervisor fraudster must pay back £2,550
- 7 Royston Town Council by-election: Meridian ward result
- 8 Missing teen found safe and well
- 9 Michael Portillo's Great British Railway Journeys visits Cambridge on BBC Two this week
- 10 Epic escape fail for ‘armed thieves’ who crashed car into ditch
an outstanding impact on students' confidence and how well they progress," she said.