College goes from strength to strength
IN a recent Ofsted report, Freman College in Buntingford has been praised for its high standards and student behaviour. The Ofsted inspector also commented on the high quality teaching, supported by good subject knowledge that meets the needs of all lea
IN a recent Ofsted report, Freman College in Buntingford has been praised for its high standards and student behaviour.
The Ofsted inspector also commented on the "high quality teaching, supported by good subject knowledge that meets the needs of all learners" and said that the college is going from strength to strength.
The inspector was impressed by the students and stated that "the students' behaviour in class and around the college was excellent".
Head teacher Helen Loughran said: "I am delighted by the report which identifies all the real strengths of the school.
"The inspectors especially liked the way we work so closely with our partner middle and first schools to provide continuous high quality education and care for our local community.
"Our vertical tutor groups and house system were also highlighted as having
- 1 Every household in the UK to get £400 to help with rising energy bills
- 2 Family of patient who died from drug overdose speak out after inquest
- 3 Explained: What the cost of living support package means for you
- 4 MP visits Royston lab to learn about local success story
- 5 Stevenage's Lister Hospital changes maternity visiting guidance
- 6 Police find body in search for missing 71-year-old Raymond
- 7 Council confirms first monkeypox case in Hertfordshire
- 8 Axing BBC TV news from Cambridge 'a backward step' says MP
- 9 All aboard for Steam at the Hoops festival in Bassingbourn
- 10 Up on the roof: Choir sings from top of 163ft chapel tower at Cambridge college
an outstanding impact on students' confidence and how well they progress," she said.