Coffee morning is set to aid cancer charity
A COFFEE morning in aid of a cancer charity was launched on Tuesday. Esse Retail and Therapy in Station Road, Melbourn, is urging people to join the World s Biggest Coffee Morning in support of Macmillan Cancer on September 29. Proprietor Sally Saunders s
A COFFEE morning in aid of a cancer charity was launched on Tuesday.
Esse Retail and Therapy in Station Road, Melbourn, is urging people to join the World's Biggest Coffee Morning in support of Macmillan Cancer on September 29.
Proprietor Sally Saunders said: "This is a wonderful opportunity for people to support sufferers in their community."
Last year the record breaking event saw 30,150 people across Herts taking part, raising £128,543.
You may also want to watch:
All money raised will fund practical, medical, emotional and financial support for people affected by cancer.
Hertfordshire community fund-raiser Michelle de la Bertauche said: "We are hoping to raise £135,000 in Hertfordshire alone." I'm asking everyone in Herts to get their friends, family and neighbours together on September 29 and have a cup of coffee."
- 1 Flasher who attacked officers appears in court
- 2 Have you seen missing parrot Charlie?
- 3 New bus and cycle shelters to help bring sustainable travel to town
- 4 Freedom Day: More than half of Herts residents welcome delay to lockdown easing
- 5 MBE is an incredible honour, says Lister nurse Lizzie
- 6 Eight picture-perfect picnic spots across East Anglia
- 7 Motorhome and car involved in A505 crash
- 8 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 9 Two lorry crash blocks part of A14 in Cambridgeshire
- 10 Covid jabs update: 'Bring us closer to freedom' plea
- For more details visit www.macmillan.org.uk/coffee or to hold a coffee morning call 0845 602 1246.
- On Saturday, October 7, the North Herts and South Cambs Breakthrough Group will be holding its first coffee morning at Royston Town Hall from 10am-1pm.
For more details call Val on 01763 208786.