Coffee morning date set in Fowlmere as village backs cancer cause
- Credit: Archant
A coffee morning will be held in Fowlmere next Friday, August 28, to raise money for Macmillan Cancer Support.
The fundraiser, which promises a healthy serving of delicious coffees, teas and cakes to raise cash for a good cause, will be held in Fowlmere School Hall in the United Reformed Church in Chapel Lane.
It will start at 10.30am and run until 12.30pm.
Richard Pile, who is helping arrange the event, said organisers are hoping to top previous fundraising totals, which are in the region of about £300.
To find out more about coffee mornings across the country, and how to host your own and receive a coffee morning kit, visit the website at www.coffee.macmillan.org.uk.
You may also want to watch:
Alternatively you can call 0845 602 1246 to speak to someone from the charity.
Last year Macmillan benefited from the coffee mornings with a donation of more than £25,000,000 paid through events held across the UK.
- 1 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 2 Motorhome and car involved in A505 crash
- 3 Hotel on Duxford IWM site given go-ahead after council re-vote
- 4 Ski trip interest 'peaks' at Melbourn Village College
- 5 Do you think 'Freedom Day' should go ahead on June 21?
- 6 Royston arson: Police renew appeal after flats fire
- 7 Have you visited the Orwell Clunch Pit? New sign tells of unique site's significance
- 8 How do North East Herts and South Cambs fare in the latest boundary review proposals?
- 9 Flying day at IWM Duxford commemorates 77th anniversary of D-Day
- 10 Outstanding day had by all at Streetfood Heroes event