Coffee morning date set in Fowlmere as village backs cancer cause
- Credit: Archant
A coffee morning will be held in Fowlmere next Friday, August 28, to raise money for Macmillan Cancer Support.
The fundraiser, which promises a healthy serving of delicious coffees, teas and cakes to raise cash for a good cause, will be held in Fowlmere School Hall in the United Reformed Church in Chapel Lane.
It will start at 10.30am and run until 12.30pm.
Richard Pile, who is helping arrange the event, said organisers are hoping to top previous fundraising totals, which are in the region of about £300.
To find out more about coffee mornings across the country, and how to host your own and receive a coffee morning kit, visit the website at www.coffee.macmillan.org.uk.
You may also want to watch:
Alternatively you can call 0845 602 1246 to speak to someone from the charity.
Last year Macmillan benefited from the coffee mornings with a donation of more than £25,000,000 paid through events held across the UK.
- 1 Two arrested after drugs raid in Bassingbourn
- 2 Wonder Woman flies into IWM Duxford for movie scenes
- 3 Mass vaccine centre opening marks 'big step forward' in beating COVID-19
- 4 Granta surgeries deliver COVID-19 vaccinations
- 5 Is lockdown working in Herts? Here's what the latest data tells us
- 6 Fraudster jailed after £60,000 shopping spree
- 7 'Heavy snow' expected across Hertfordshire from tomorrow
- 8 Housing first battleground in mayor elections for Cambridgeshire
- 9 Make the A505 Safer: Improvement works to continue in 2021
- 10 Thief pleads guilty to assaulting two people