Coffee morning date set in Fowlmere as village backs cancer cause
- Credit: Archant
A coffee morning will be held in Fowlmere next Friday, August 28, to raise money for Macmillan Cancer Support.
The fundraiser, which promises a healthy serving of delicious coffees, teas and cakes to raise cash for a good cause, will be held in Fowlmere School Hall in the United Reformed Church in Chapel Lane.
It will start at 10.30am and run until 12.30pm.
Richard Pile, who is helping arrange the event, said organisers are hoping to top previous fundraising totals, which are in the region of about £300.
To find out more about coffee mornings across the country, and how to host your own and receive a coffee morning kit, visit the website at www.coffee.macmillan.org.uk.
You may also want to watch:
Alternatively you can call 0845 602 1246 to speak to someone from the charity.
Last year Macmillan benefited from the coffee mornings with a donation of more than £25,000,000 paid through events held across the UK.
- 1 Melbourn Post Office reopens in new location
- 2 Woman pedestrian in her 50s killed in guided busway crash
- 3 Drug dealer caught after being pulled over for using phone on A505
- 4 No Cambridge fireworks display on Midsummer Common this year for Bonfire Night
- 5 Litlington's Josh ploughs into top spot with competition win
- 6 History Society unveils new town heritage board
- 7 Binmen revolt over alleged bullying, poor pay, low morale and staffing crisis
- 8 What is the government's Plan B for Covid this winter?
- 9 Could we face coronavirus restrictions over Christmas?
- 10 Where in Hertfordshire are the most incidents of weapon possession?