Coach destroyed in M11 fire
- Credit: Archant
Firefighters were called to a fire on the M11 between junction 8 and junction 9 this afternoon.
Crews were called around 1pm and reported on arrival that a coach was completely alight on the hardshoulder of the northbound carriageway. The fire had also spread to the nearby grass embankment.
The northbound carriageway was completely closed while firefighters extinguished the fire and ensured the surrounding area was safe.
The fire was extinguished completely by 2.21pm. The coach has been destroyed.
By 2.45pm, the road was gradually being reopened to traffic.
You may also want to watch:
A spokesman for Highways England said: “Traffic is passing in one lane on the M11 northbound betwen J8 and J9 near Saffron Walden, Wendens Ambo and Newport following a bus fire, long delays of approx 60 mins above normal journey time.
“Standing traffic will take time for traffic to clear. Consider alternative routes at this time.”
- 1 Inside Country Boarding for Cats and Dogs: Award-winning kennels' labour of love
- 2 Royston's George Crotty selected by GB for World Boxing Championships
- 3 Man arrested on suspicion of drugs offence after two warrants issued
- 4 Pupils wish villagers a happy harvest with afternoon tea
- 5 Group of mums and dad in wig go the distance for wheelchair charity
- 6 MP survey slams East West Rail for 'lacklustre' consultation
- 7 Ewan's handiwork sees him give back to his old school with help of charity
- 8 'We were lied to' - Residents' dismay as development prompts privacy concerns
- 9 Dozens die after catching COVID-19 in our hospitals
- 10 Crows to take defeats on the chin after unbeaten run comes to a frustrating end