Club wins £7,500 funding
CYCLE Club Ashwell is on the fast track to success after securing £7,500 of lottery funding. Earlier this year the club made an application to Awards for All, the organisation which distributes lottery cash to community projects, for £7,500 to cover the c
CYCLE Club Ashwell is on the fast track to success after securing £7,500 of lottery funding.
Earlier this year the club made an application to Awards for All, the organisation which distributes lottery cash to community projects, for £7,500 to cover the cost of new equipment for the clubs grass track project.
Their application was approved earlier this week.
Geoff Godschalk, from the Cycle Club Ashwell, said: "We're extremely grateful to Awards for All for this grant.
You may also want to watch:
"We've got the track marked out now and bought some bikes, so we'll be using this money to buy other equipment we need, such as a trailer to transport the bikes on."
The club has also benefited from £1,250 from the Henry Colbron trust, which provides funds for educational projects in Ashwell.
- 1 Hotel on Duxford IWM site given go-ahead after council re-vote
- 2 Two lorry crash blocks part of A14 in Cambridgeshire
- 3 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 4 Defibrillators: How you could save a life
- 5 Mayor ‘wantonly diverted’ £40m of housing cash
- 6 Motorhome and car involved in A505 crash
- 7 Royston Kite Festival decision 'under review' as lockdown extended
- 8 Hotel has everything you need for a relaxing staycation
- 9 Ski trip interest 'peaks' at Melbourn Village College
- 10 Community stalwart who led national effort to help navy veterans during pandemic receives BEM
It also received £500 from North Herts District Council's Baldock area committee.
Grass track racing is now set to get underway at Ashwell recreation ground on Thursday June 5, and will run every Thursday throughout the summer. The club aims to get as many 9-16 year olds involved as possible.
Mr Godschalk added: "We've had a trial run which went very well. Although we wanted it to start this month the recreation ground is very busy and is still being used for football."
For further information, contact Mr Godschalk on 01462 742837, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.