Club wins £7,500 funding
CYCLE Club Ashwell is on the fast track to success after securing £7,500 of lottery funding. Earlier this year the club made an application to Awards for All, the organisation which distributes lottery cash to community projects, for £7,500 to cover the c
CYCLE Club Ashwell is on the fast track to success after securing £7,500 of lottery funding.
Earlier this year the club made an application to Awards for All, the organisation which distributes lottery cash to community projects, for £7,500 to cover the cost of new equipment for the clubs grass track project.
Their application was approved earlier this week.
Geoff Godschalk, from the Cycle Club Ashwell, said: "We're extremely grateful to Awards for All for this grant.
You may also want to watch:
"We've got the track marked out now and bought some bikes, so we'll be using this money to buy other equipment we need, such as a trailer to transport the bikes on."
The club has also benefited from £1,250 from the Henry Colbron trust, which provides funds for educational projects in Ashwell.
- 1 Barley Flower Tower to be cut into pieces!
- 2 14 Spitfires to take to the skies at IWM Duxford's 2021 Battle of Britain Air Show
- 3 Teacher raises more than £3,000 with charity run in mother's memory
- 4 New app allows passengers to order bus to virtual stops
- 5 Historic Mayflower train makes its way through Royston and Meldreth
- 6 Get set for Strawberries & Creem Festival in the Cambridgeshire countryside
- 7 Mum of four sought by police over child neglect claims
- 8 Lack of public transport blamed for collapse of £10.5m training centre
- 9 Co-operation 'vital' in A505 Royston to Granta Park scheme
- 10 Camera to be installed in village to address long-standing speeding woes
It also received £500 from North Herts District Council's Baldock area committee.
Grass track racing is now set to get underway at Ashwell recreation ground on Thursday June 5, and will run every Thursday throughout the summer. The club aims to get as many 9-16 year olds involved as possible.
Mr Godschalk added: "We've had a trial run which went very well. Although we wanted it to start this month the recreation ground is very busy and is still being used for football."
For further information, contact Mr Godschalk on 01462 742837, or email email@example.com.