Classic musical Hairspray being performed at Royston school
STOPPING the beat will be difficult at a Royston school when it puts on a production of a classic musical. Rehearsals are in full swing for The Meridian School s production of Hairspray, with shows beginning tonight (Thursday) and running for three days.
STOPPING the beat will be difficult at a Royston school when it puts on a production of a classic musical.
Rehearsals are in full swing for The Meridian School's production of Hairspray, with shows beginning tonight (Thursday) and running for three days.
Head of drama at the school, Jenny Warburton, said: "With a cast of 70 students, and another 40 involved in band, crew and stage management, it is one of our biggest productions to date.
"Students have been learning dance moves and songs since the summer holidays whilst scenery and costumes are being created by our dedicated team."
You may also want to watch:
The cast also got inspiration from a visit to the West End, where they saw the musical performed by professionals.
Ms Warburton added: "We do hope that the Royston community will take this opportunity to come and see how talented the youth of Royston are."
- 1 Van crashes into pram, killing five month old baby
- 2 When will bins be collected in North Hertfordshire again?
- 3 More Royston GP surgeries begin to give COVID-19 vaccinations
- 4 Dad's emotional tribute after baby son dies in A10 horror crash
- 5 Herts covered in blanket of snow as flurries fell on Sunday
- 6 I will not stop fighting for our chalk streams, says South Cambs MP
- 7 County council offices could be sold off or leased in part
- 8 Which Herts communities have seen the biggest rises and falls in COVID-19?
- 9 More than £2 million in funding set to save leisure centres under threat
- 10 Rapid community COVID-19 testing launches in Hertfordshire
Performances take place tonight, Friday and Saturday. Tickets cost �6, or �4 for concessions. To book call 01763 255400.