Classic cars set to roar into village this weekend
PETROL heads will be flocking to a village this weekend when it hosts its first ever classic car show. The show takes place in Orwell at the village recreation, and has been arranged by Orwell Methodist church. A spokesman for the church said: This is th
PETROL heads will be flocking to a village this weekend when it hosts its first ever classic car show.
The show takes place in Orwell at the village recreation, and has been arranged by Orwell Methodist church.
A spokesman for the church said: "This is the first time a classic car show will have been held in Orwell, and we are hoping to attract many people from the local area who own classic cars or just want to come and have a look.
"The church building is over 100 years old and we are trying to raise money to maintain Methodist worship within the village," she said.
You may also want to watch:
Amongst several cars already promised is a Vanden Plas Princess.
Car owners can bring their cars to the recreation ground from 11am, and the show is open to the public from noon - 4pm.
- 1 Man to face court after admitting to £15,000 cigarette stealing spree
- 2 Royston man celebrates 100th birthday after recovering from COVID-19
- 3 County council leader praises sacrifice made by residents during lockdown
- 4 Hickford quits Manor Farm on eve of damning report
- 5 Hickford QUITS ahead of damning report
- 6 Have your say on A505 Litlington turning proposals
- 7 Council tax set to rise in South Cambs to help support frontline services
- 8 Special report: An insight into dog theft in Hertfordshire
- 9 Mental health support group encouraging you to #Walkandtalk
- 10 Person hit by train between Cambridge and Royston
Entrance is �2, with free ploughman's lunches for car owners. Refreshments will be available, and there will also be a jumble sale running throughout the day.