Classic cars set to roar into village this weekend
PETROL heads will be flocking to a village this weekend when it hosts its first ever classic car show. The show takes place in Orwell at the village recreation, and has been arranged by Orwell Methodist church. A spokesman for the church said: This is th
PETROL heads will be flocking to a village this weekend when it hosts its first ever classic car show.
The show takes place in Orwell at the village recreation, and has been arranged by Orwell Methodist church.
A spokesman for the church said: "This is the first time a classic car show will have been held in Orwell, and we are hoping to attract many people from the local area who own classic cars or just want to come and have a look.
"The church building is over 100 years old and we are trying to raise money to maintain Methodist worship within the village," she said.
You may also want to watch:
Amongst several cars already promised is a Vanden Plas Princess.
Car owners can bring their cars to the recreation ground from 11am, and the show is open to the public from noon - 4pm.
- 1 Heath threatened with 'eyesore' borehole kiosks
- 2 CCTV appeal after vehicles interfered with in Royston
- 3 King James Academy to continue as school sport hub for north east Hertfordshire
- 4 What's next for Thakeham development after Local Plan sites revealed?
- 5 Royston man to stand trial for permitting production of cannabis
- 6 Street singers lift people's spirits with town centre flash mob
- 7 Busy week for Royston firefighting crews as they keep people safe
- 8 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 9 Girl power and horse power prove a winning combination for Meldreth racing driver Lizzy
- 10 Riverdance's 25th anniversary show lifts the roof off Cambridge Corn Exchange
Entrance is �2, with free ploughman's lunches for car owners. Refreshments will be available, and there will also be a jumble sale running throughout the day.