Classic cars set to roar into village this weekend
PETROL heads will be flocking to a village this weekend when it hosts its first ever classic car show. The show takes place in Orwell at the village recreation, and has been arranged by Orwell Methodist church. A spokesman for the church said: This is th
PETROL heads will be flocking to a village this weekend when it hosts its first ever classic car show.
The show takes place in Orwell at the village recreation, and has been arranged by Orwell Methodist church.
A spokesman for the church said: "This is the first time a classic car show will have been held in Orwell, and we are hoping to attract many people from the local area who own classic cars or just want to come and have a look.
"The church building is over 100 years old and we are trying to raise money to maintain Methodist worship within the village," she said.
You may also want to watch:
Amongst several cars already promised is a Vanden Plas Princess.
Car owners can bring their cars to the recreation ground from 11am, and the show is open to the public from noon - 4pm.
- 1 Hotel on Duxford IWM site given go-ahead after council re-vote
- 2 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 3 Motorhome and car involved in A505 crash
- 4 Defibrillators: How you could save a life
- 5 Hotel has everything you need for a relaxing staycation
- 6 Ski trip interest 'peaks' at Melbourn Village College
- 7 7 things to do, places to go and gift experiences for dad this Father's Day
- 8 Royston arson: Police renew appeal after flats fire
- 9 PM set to announce postponement of lockdown easing today
- 10 Freedom Day has been delayed by up to four weeks
Entrance is �2, with free ploughman's lunches for car owners. Refreshments will be available, and there will also be a jumble sale running throughout the day.