Classic cars set to roar into village this weekend
PETROL heads will be flocking to a village this weekend when it hosts its first ever classic car show. The show takes place in Orwell at the village recreation, and has been arranged by Orwell Methodist church. A spokesman for the church said: This is th
PETROL heads will be flocking to a village this weekend when it hosts its first ever classic car show.
The show takes place in Orwell at the village recreation, and has been arranged by Orwell Methodist church.
A spokesman for the church said: "This is the first time a classic car show will have been held in Orwell, and we are hoping to attract many people from the local area who own classic cars or just want to come and have a look.
"The church building is over 100 years old and we are trying to raise money to maintain Methodist worship within the village," she said.
Amongst several cars already promised is a Vanden Plas Princess.
Car owners can bring their cars to the recreation ground from 11am, and the show is open to the public from noon - 4pm.
- 1 Drug dealer jailed after being found with heroin and crack cocaine
- 2 Ian Stewart 'appeared odd' at wife Diane's funeral, court hears
- 3 Goalkeeper with incurable brain tumour overwhelmed by fundraiser response
- 4 Jail for fraudulent accountant who tried to steal £200k of employer’s money
- 5 Melbourn Village College ready for Hastings battle in quarter-finals of national cup
- 6 Royston drama group CADS announces winner of 2022 Fred Sillence Award
- 7 Face coverings no longer mandatory indoors as England returns to Plan A
- 8 Former nurse at Stevenage's Lister Hospital struck off
- 9 Royston Golf Club donates £1,000 to hospice
- 10 Cambridge Literary Festival is back with first names announced for spring 2022 showpiece
Entrance is �2, with free ploughman's lunches for car owners. Refreshments will be available, and there will also be a jumble sale running throughout the day.