Cinema site plans going on show to the public
PLANS for the new development on the Priory cinema site in Royston will go on show next week. Housing association North Herts Homes are proposing to build an extra care scheme consisting of 44 one and two bedroom homes on the land, at the junction of the
PLANS for the new development on the Priory cinema site in Royston will go on show next week.
Housing association North Herts Homes are proposing to build an extra care scheme consisting of 44 one and two bedroom homes on the land, at the junction of the Priory Lane and Newmarket Road.
The scheme will also include specialist bathing and laundry facilities, common recreational areas, and a health & beauty salon. A winter garden and summer house will form part of the landscaped grounds.
A spokesman for North Herts Homes said: "At this stage we haven't formally submitted any plans, so we would like to invite all Royston residents to come along to exhibition and tell us what they think.
You may also want to watch:
"Consultation is a vital part of the planning process, and we want to get as many people's views as possible," she said.
The spokesman added that the design had been "produced after consultation with local planners" to ensure that it "complements the surrounding areas and is an asset to the town".
- 1 More Royston GP surgeries begin to give COVID-19 vaccinations
- 2 Herts and West Essex boast highest vaccination figures in East of England
- 3 Power cut affects nearly 9,000 homes and businesses
- 4 COVID-19 figures falling in North Herts and South Cambs
- 5 Warning as more residents targeted by scam police calls
- 6 The bells are back in town!
- 7 Teen arrested in connection with sexual assault investigation
- 8 Storm Christoph: Prepare for flooding in South Cambs
- 9 Granta surgeries deliver COVID-19 vaccinations
- 10 Two arrested after drugs raid in Bassingbourn
The consultation event will take place on Tuesday 3 November from 3.30pm - 7.30pm in the Oak Rooms at The Old Bull Hotel in the High Street.