Church packed for Royston Town Band’s 150th anniversary celebrations
- Credit: Archant
Royston Town Band marked its 150th anniversary in style with a free celebratory concert at the parish church on Saturday.
Bass player and publicity officer Owen Simons said: “The church was packed and the concert went really well.
“It was a great night with pieces of music from each of the band’s 15 decades of existence, with many stories about their history.
“We also had three ex-conductors come along and conduct a piece and provide their own anecdotes.
“Old photographs of the band were on display along with some old band uniforms.
You may also want to watch:
“It was great to see so many faces in the church, ex-players and supporters old and new!”
More than £700 was raised from donations and the raffle which will go towards funding a new band room.
- 1 New bus and cycle shelters to help bring sustainable travel to town
- 2 Yellow weather warning of thunderstorms in Herts
- 3 Royston Kite Festival decision 'under review' as lockdown extended
- 4 Two lorry crash blocks part of A14 in Cambridgeshire
- 5 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 6 Bassingbourn reverse trend of losses at Helions Bumpstead with fine win
- 7 Freedom Day: More than half of Herts residents welcome delay to lockdown easing
- 8 Agricultural expert 'over the moon' with MBE
- 9 Motorhome and car involved in A505 crash
- 10 Hotel on Duxford IWM site given go-ahead after council re-vote