Church packed for Royston Town Band’s 150th anniversary celebrations
- Credit: Archant
Royston Town Band marked its 150th anniversary in style with a free celebratory concert at the parish church on Saturday.
Bass player and publicity officer Owen Simons said: “The church was packed and the concert went really well.
“It was a great night with pieces of music from each of the band’s 15 decades of existence, with many stories about their history.
“We also had three ex-conductors come along and conduct a piece and provide their own anecdotes.
“Old photographs of the band were on display along with some old band uniforms.
You may also want to watch:
“It was great to see so many faces in the church, ex-players and supporters old and new!”
More than £700 was raised from donations and the raffle which will go towards funding a new band room.
- 1 Melbourn Post Office reopens in new location
- 2 Woman pedestrian in her 50s killed in guided busway crash
- 3 Drug dealer caught after being pulled over for using phone on A505
- 4 No Cambridge fireworks display on Midsummer Common this year for Bonfire Night
- 5 Litlington's Josh ploughs into top spot with competition win
- 6 History Society unveils new town heritage board
- 7 Binmen revolt over alleged bullying, poor pay, low morale and staffing crisis
- 8 What is the government's Plan B for Covid this winter?
- 9 Could we face coronavirus restrictions over Christmas?
- 10 Where in Hertfordshire are the most incidents of weapon possession?