Church packed for Royston Town Band’s 150th anniversary celebrations
- Credit: Archant
Royston Town Band marked its 150th anniversary in style with a free celebratory concert at the parish church on Saturday.
Bass player and publicity officer Owen Simons said: “The church was packed and the concert went really well.
“It was a great night with pieces of music from each of the band’s 15 decades of existence, with many stories about their history.
“We also had three ex-conductors come along and conduct a piece and provide their own anecdotes.
“Old photographs of the band were on display along with some old band uniforms.
You may also want to watch:
“It was great to see so many faces in the church, ex-players and supporters old and new!”
More than £700 was raised from donations and the raffle which will go towards funding a new band room.
- 1 Grandmother who got on a motorcycle aged 105 passes away
- 2 Councillors gagged by threat of 'personal litigation' ahead of farmgate debate
- 3 Reed on the road as Herts Cricket League clubs find out National Village Cup fate
- 4 South Cambs MP launches new forum to champion local life sciences
- 5 Experts to discuss mental health at new online festival
- 6 Royston photographer wins abstract picture competition
- 7 'Utterly extraordinary' says Lib Dem leader of disgraced deputy leader's criticisms
- 8 Person hit by train between London Kings Cross and Stevenage
- 9 Council leader faces claim he broke confidentiality on farmgate report
- 10 COVID-19: Literary festival event to mark anniversary of first lockdown