Church is venue for choral treat
ROYSTON Choral Society is to perform two classic pieces of choral music. They will be singing Mozart s Requiem and Morten Lauridsen s Lux Aeterna in a concert at Royston parish church. A spokesman for the group said: Mozart s Requiem was his last and, fo
ROYSTON Choral Society is to perform two classic pieces of choral music.
They will be singing Mozart's Requiem and Morten Lauridsen's Lux Aeterna in a concert at Royston parish church.
A spokesman for the group said: "Mozart's Requiem was his last and, for many, his greatest work, while Lauridsen's Lux Aeterna has been described as 'a classic of new American choral writing'.
"The choir of more than 40 local singers will be accompanied by an orchestra consisting also of musicians from the area."
You may also want to watch:
The concert will be taking place on Saturday, November 22 at St John's Church, Royston, at 7.30pm.
Tickets are available from Royston Library, choir members, and on the door, priced at £10 for adults, £8 concessions, £1 for those still at school.
- 1 Young Crows net funding for club improvements
- 2 Man jailed after attacking victim with glass bottle in hotel room
- 3 Limes Communal Rooms to become Bassingbourn's village hall
- 4 Grandmother runs Royston in Blue 5k solo to raise money for charity
- 5 'If I lived three miles away the obstacles would've been lower' - Councillor calls for IVF to be reinstated in Cambs
- 6 Network Rail seeks green light for Cambridge South station
- 7 Cooling caps appeal to reduce chemo patients' hair loss
- 8 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 9 Have you seen missing parrot Charlie?
- 10 Families celebrate Father's Day at IWM Duxford
For further information, phone 01992 623489, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com or visit www.roystonchoralsoc.org.uk