Church is venue for choral treat
ROYSTON Choral Society is to perform two classic pieces of choral music. They will be singing Mozart s Requiem and Morten Lauridsen s Lux Aeterna in a concert at Royston parish church. A spokesman for the group said: Mozart s Requiem was his last and, fo
ROYSTON Choral Society is to perform two classic pieces of choral music.
They will be singing Mozart's Requiem and Morten Lauridsen's Lux Aeterna in a concert at Royston parish church.
A spokesman for the group said: "Mozart's Requiem was his last and, for many, his greatest work, while Lauridsen's Lux Aeterna has been described as 'a classic of new American choral writing'.
"The choir of more than 40 local singers will be accompanied by an orchestra consisting also of musicians from the area."
You may also want to watch:
The concert will be taking place on Saturday, November 22 at St John's Church, Royston, at 7.30pm.
Tickets are available from Royston Library, choir members, and on the door, priced at £10 for adults, £8 concessions, £1 for those still at school.
- 1 Ofcom investigation into problem key fobs at Tesco Royston concludes
- 2 Fire-hit parish church secures vital cash boost
- 3 Person dies after being hit by train near Welwyn Garden City railway station
- 4 Nearly a million trees planted alongside A14 die and need replacing
- 5 Publish and be damned: 'farmgate' report goes to the vote
- 6 Pupils become journalists for class topic
- 7 Grandmother who got on a motorcycle aged 105 passes away
- 8 Person hit by train between London Kings Cross and Stevenage
- 9 COVID deaths fall by 50% in Herts hospitals
- 10 Pupils to return to school as lockdown restrictions ease
For further information, phone 01992 623489, e-mail email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org or visit www.roystonchoralsoc.org.uk