Church is venue for choral treat
ROYSTON Choral Society is to perform two classic pieces of choral music. They will be singing Mozart s Requiem and Morten Lauridsen s Lux Aeterna in a concert at Royston parish church. A spokesman for the group said: Mozart s Requiem was his last and, fo
ROYSTON Choral Society is to perform two classic pieces of choral music.
They will be singing Mozart's Requiem and Morten Lauridsen's Lux Aeterna in a concert at Royston parish church.
A spokesman for the group said: "Mozart's Requiem was his last and, for many, his greatest work, while Lauridsen's Lux Aeterna has been described as 'a classic of new American choral writing'.
"The choir of more than 40 local singers will be accompanied by an orchestra consisting also of musicians from the area."
You may also want to watch:
The concert will be taking place on Saturday, November 22 at St John's Church, Royston, at 7.30pm.
Tickets are available from Royston Library, choir members, and on the door, priced at £10 for adults, £8 concessions, £1 for those still at school.
- 1 CCTV appeal after vehicles interfered with in Royston
- 2 King James Academy to continue as school sport hub for north east Hertfordshire
- 3 Street singers lift people's spirits with town centre flash mob
- 4 Heath threatened with 'eyesore' borehole kiosks
- 5 Busy week for Royston firefighting crews as they keep people safe
- 6 What's next for Thakeham development after Local Plan sites revealed?
- 7 Royston man to stand trial for permitting production of cannabis
- 8 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 9 Girl power and horse power prove a winning combination for Meldreth racing driver Lizzy
- 10 Riverdance's 25th anniversary show lifts the roof off Cambridge Corn Exchange
For further information, phone 01992 623489, e-mail email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org or visit www.roystonchoralsoc.org.uk