Church is venue for choral treat
ROYSTON Choral Society is to perform two classic pieces of choral music. They will be singing Mozart s Requiem and Morten Lauridsen s Lux Aeterna in a concert at Royston parish church. A spokesman for the group said: Mozart s Requiem was his last and, fo
ROYSTON Choral Society is to perform two classic pieces of choral music.
They will be singing Mozart's Requiem and Morten Lauridsen's Lux Aeterna in a concert at Royston parish church.
A spokesman for the group said: "Mozart's Requiem was his last and, for many, his greatest work, while Lauridsen's Lux Aeterna has been described as 'a classic of new American choral writing'.
"The choir of more than 40 local singers will be accompanied by an orchestra consisting also of musicians from the area."
The concert will be taking place on Saturday, November 22 at St John's Church, Royston, at 7.30pm.
Tickets are available from Royston Library, choir members, and on the door, priced at £10 for adults, £8 concessions, £1 for those still at school.
- 1 Fine issued after rubbish fly-tipped in country lane
- 2 MPs remain silent on whether they have confidence in PM
- 3 Royston Golf Club donates £1,000 to hospice
- 4 Man sentenced for handling stolen goods - including designer watch, clothes and laptop
- 5 Cyclist in hospital with life-threatening injuries after crash
- 6 Goalkeeper with incurable brain tumour overwhelmed by fundraiser response
- 7 Drug dealer jailed after being found with heroin and crack cocaine
- 8 Hero dog sniffs out cash for charity with golf ball mission
- 9 Bank cards, electrical items and jewellery stolen in burglary
- 10 Ian Stewart 'appeared odd' at wife Diane's funeral, court hears
For further information, phone 01992 623489, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com or visit www.roystonchoralsoc.org.uk