Christmas shopping for charity
TWO mums from Buntingford are appealing to residents to help them raise money for a national charity. Helen Baker and Sharon Sinnott will be holding a Christmas Shopping Evening at Freman College in the hope of raising funds for the BBC s Children In Ne
TWO mums from Buntingford are appealing to residents to help them raise money for a national charity.
Helen Baker and Sharon Sinnott will be holding a 'Christmas Shopping Evening' at Freman College in the hope of raising funds for the BBC's Children In Need charity.
Helen said: "We wanted to do something in Buntingford that will help raise money for Children In Need. Both myself and Sharon have young kids and we both realise how important children's charities are."
Helen and Sharon are looking for residents to donate prizes for the evening and will be running a number of stalls.
Helen added: "We are looking for people to donate jewellery, hand made items and crafts. Hopefully the event will raise lots of money and it promises to be a great evening."
If you would like to donate prizes or set up a stall contact Helen Baker on 01763 271176.
- 1 Drug dealer jailed after being found with heroin and crack cocaine
- 2 Ian Stewart 'appeared odd' at wife Diane's funeral, court hears
- 3 Goalkeeper with incurable brain tumour overwhelmed by fundraiser response
- 4 Jail for fraudulent accountant who tried to steal £200k of employer’s money
- 5 New cops truck catches out law-breaking drivers in successful week
- 6 Face coverings no longer mandatory indoors as England returns to Plan A
- 7 Melbourn Village College ready for Hastings battle in quarter-finals of national cup
- 8 Cambridge Literary Festival is back with first names announced for spring 2022 showpiece
- 9 Ian Stewart murder trial: Diane 'suffered lack of oxygen for up to an hour'
- 10 Royston drama group CADS announces winner of 2022 Fred Sillence Award
The shopping evening will take place on Friday November 3 and will run from 7-10pm.