Christmas shopping for charity
TWO mums from Buntingford are appealing to residents to help them raise money for a national charity. Helen Baker and Sharon Sinnott will be holding a Christmas Shopping Evening at Freman College in the hope of raising funds for the BBC s Children In Ne
TWO mums from Buntingford are appealing to residents to help them raise money for a national charity.
Helen Baker and Sharon Sinnott will be holding a 'Christmas Shopping Evening' at Freman College in the hope of raising funds for the BBC's Children In Need charity.
Helen said: "We wanted to do something in Buntingford that will help raise money for Children In Need. Both myself and Sharon have young kids and we both realise how important children's charities are."
Helen and Sharon are looking for residents to donate prizes for the evening and will be running a number of stalls.
You may also want to watch:
Helen added: "We are looking for people to donate jewellery, hand made items and crafts. Hopefully the event will raise lots of money and it promises to be a great evening."
If you would like to donate prizes or set up a stall contact Helen Baker on 01763 271176.
- 1 Lack of public transport blamed for collapse of £10.5m training centre
- 2 New app allows passengers to order bus to virtual stops
- 3 Teacher raises more than £3,000 with charity run in mother's memory
- 4 Spitfires and more... IWM Duxford prepares for 2021 Battle of Britain Air Show
- 5 Cambs and Essex academy trust wins prestigious award
- 6 Camera to be installed in village to address long-standing speeding woes
- 7 Get set for Strawberries & Creem Festival in the Cambridgeshire countryside
- 8 Hospitality Action Day: Some of your favourite local pubs, restaurants and cafés
- 9 Co-operation 'vital' in A505 Royston to Granta Park scheme
- 10 Exploring the medieval graffiti of North Herts' historic churches
The shopping evening will take place on Friday November 3 and will run from 7-10pm.