Christmas-themed events in Royston and surrounding villages
- Credit: Archant
You may have noticed that Royston and surrounding villages getting rather Christmassy – and there’s plently more to come in the next week.
On Saturday, Jessica Lake – founder of Royston Rethink mental health peer support group – is throwing a Christmas fete fundraiser at Coombes Community Centre from 12.30pm until 4.30pm
She said: “There will be lot’s of stalls, cakes, raffle for both adults and children. We will also be raffling a large prize from the Thrive Programme and members of Time to Talk mental health campaign will be there.”
Over in Barley, six postboxes in the village have each been yarn bombed with a Christmas theme. Yarnbombers The Barley Knitting group wanted to use their knitting skills to help others, so if the yarn bombed postboxes make you smile donate via justgiving.com/Knitbarley. In the village on Saturday between 11am and 4pm you can also visit the Christmas market at the Townhouse in Church End.
In Meldreth on Saturday and Sunday, it’s the Christmas Tree Festival at Holy Trinity church between 11am and 5pm.
In Rushden on Sunday, it’s the village Christmas bazaar at the village hall from 10am until 4pm.
You may also want to watch:
On Monday in Royston, there’s a coffee morning for charity called Grit’s Christmas challenge in their head office in Upper King Street from 10am to 12pm. Stop by for a chat, coffee and cake – and find out more about the work Grit does with young people.
On December 8, in Royston there’s Rudolph’s Christmas Trail for youngsters between 1am and 4pm. Meet at Fish Hill.
- 1 Which Herts communities have seen the biggest rises and falls in COVID-19?
- 2 Trial date changed for killer of children's author accused of wife's murder
- 3 Hare coursers damaged farmer's crops in escape bid
- 4 NHS Trust says vaccine figures offer hope as 40 per cent of Lister's patients have COVID-19
- 5 The bells are back in town!
- 6 More Royston GP surgeries begin to give COVID-19 vaccinations
- 7 Number of COVID patients in Herts hospitals falls slightly
- 8 More people in Herts have been vaccinated than have had COVID-19
- 9 Teen arrested in connection with sexual assault investigation
- 10 Two arrested after drugs raid in Bassingbourn
And on the same day, there’s also Ashwell at Christmas at St Mary’s Church in the village.