Christmas Carnival coming up
ROYSTON’S seasonal spirit will be officially underway this Sunday (5), when the Christmas Carnival takes place in the town centre.
The Farmers Market, held on the main market square, will be the centrepiece, and will be selling fresh fish, cheese and other produce from 9am.
The gift fair will take place in the Ballroom and the Oak Room of the Old Bull Inn where almost 20 traders will be selling Christmas gifts and crafts.
A mini funfair will be held just outside Angel Pavement, where charity stalls offering competitions, raffles and gifts will also be situated.
As recently confirmed by The Crow, Father Christmas has moved from The Toy Shop into the premises known as Number 16, on the High Street,
You may also want to watch:
He will be posing for photos – supplied by the Royston Photographic Society – with the children.
Attractions begin at 10am, and will go on until around 3pm. Shops in Royston High Street that offer seasonal items will be open all day.
- 1 More Royston GP surgeries begin to give COVID-19 vaccinations
- 2 Herts and West Essex boast highest vaccination figures in East of England
- 3 Power cut affects nearly 9,000 homes and businesses
- 4 COVID-19 figures falling in North Herts and South Cambs
- 5 Warning as more residents targeted by scam police calls
- 6 The bells are back in town!
- 7 Teen arrested in connection with sexual assault investigation
- 8 Storm Christoph: Prepare for flooding in South Cambs
- 9 Granta surgeries deliver COVID-19 vaccinations
- 10 Two arrested after drugs raid in Bassingbourn
Parking will be free throughout the day, in town centre car parks.
Meanwhile, the Christmas lights were put up last week at The Cross, up the High Street, through Angel Pavement and on Market Hill.