Christmas Carnival coming up
ROYSTON’S seasonal spirit will be officially underway this Sunday (5), when the Christmas Carnival takes place in the town centre.
The Farmers Market, held on the main market square, will be the centrepiece, and will be selling fresh fish, cheese and other produce from 9am.
The gift fair will take place in the Ballroom and the Oak Room of the Old Bull Inn where almost 20 traders will be selling Christmas gifts and crafts.
A mini funfair will be held just outside Angel Pavement, where charity stalls offering competitions, raffles and gifts will also be situated.
As recently confirmed by The Crow, Father Christmas has moved from The Toy Shop into the premises known as Number 16, on the High Street,
You may also want to watch:
He will be posing for photos – supplied by the Royston Photographic Society – with the children.
Attractions begin at 10am, and will go on until around 3pm. Shops in Royston High Street that offer seasonal items will be open all day.
- 1 'Panic-buying is crippling us' - petrol station owner urges motorists to think before they refuel
- 2 Appeal to trace driver after cyclist sustains serious injuries in crash
- 3 17 of the prettiest streets in North Herts
- 4 North Herts and Beds villages hit by power cut
- 5 Flexi parking ticket rolled out for hybrid commuters
- 6 CCTV appeal after vehicles interfered with in Royston
- 7 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 8 Council leader calls for 'kind and courteous' queuing for fuel
- 9 Street singers lift people's spirits with town centre flash mob
- 10 Heath threatened with 'eyesore' borehole kiosks
Parking will be free throughout the day, in town centre car parks.
Meanwhile, the Christmas lights were put up last week at The Cross, up the High Street, through Angel Pavement and on Market Hill.