Children show their artistic touch
THE winners of this year s Home-Start Christmas Card Competition have received their certificates and prizes. The competition was open to all children from families involved in the Home-Start project. They were invited to come up with a design for the fr
THE winners of this year's Home-Start Christmas Card Competition have received their certificates and prizes.
The competition was open to all children from families involved in the Home-Start project.
They were invited to come up with a design for the front of the charity's Christmas card.
The overall winner depicts Santa on his sleigh.
You may also want to watch:
Sue Davis, chairman of Royston and South Cambridgeshire Home-Start, and Rod Lewis from Hertfordshire Graphics, who sponsored the competition, gave out the prizes.
Mr Lewis, who also judged the entries, said: "Once more there was a wonderful standard in this year's competition.
- 1 Flasher who attacked officers appears in court
- 2 Have you seen missing parrot Charlie?
- 3 New bus and cycle shelters to help bring sustainable travel to town
- 4 MBE is an incredible honour, says Lister nurse Lizzie
- 5 Freedom Day: More than half of Herts residents welcome delay to lockdown easing
- 6 Eight picture-perfect picnic spots across East Anglia
- 7 Motorhome and car involved in A505 crash
- 8 Two lorry crash blocks part of A14 in Cambridgeshire
- 9 Yellow weather warning of thunderstorms in Herts
- 10 Hotel on Duxford IWM site given go-ahead after council re-vote
"It really demonstrates the children's view of Christmas with ideas and images which we adults tend to forget amid all the fuss and commercialism."
- Cards featuring the winning design are available from the charity, costing £3 for a box of 10.
To order, or for more information on Home-Start call 01763 242919.