Children show their artistic touch
THE winners of this year s Home-Start Christmas Card Competition have received their certificates and prizes. The competition was open to all children from families involved in the Home-Start project. They were invited to come up with a design for the fr
THE winners of this year's Home-Start Christmas Card Competition have received their certificates and prizes.
The competition was open to all children from families involved in the Home-Start project.
They were invited to come up with a design for the front of the charity's Christmas card.
The overall winner depicts Santa on his sleigh.
You may also want to watch:
Sue Davis, chairman of Royston and South Cambridgeshire Home-Start, and Rod Lewis from Hertfordshire Graphics, who sponsored the competition, gave out the prizes.
Mr Lewis, who also judged the entries, said: "Once more there was a wonderful standard in this year's competition.
- 1 Barley Flower Tower to be cut into pieces!
- 2 14 Spitfires to take to the skies at IWM Duxford's 2021 Battle of Britain Air Show
- 3 Spitfires and more... IWM Duxford prepares for 2021 Battle of Britain Air Show
- 4 New app allows passengers to order bus to virtual stops
- 5 Teacher raises more than £3,000 with charity run in mother's memory
- 6 Get set for Strawberries & Creem Festival in the Cambridgeshire countryside
- 7 Historic Mayflower train makes its way through Royston and Meldreth
- 8 Camera to be installed in village to address long-standing speeding woes
- 9 Mum of four sought by police over child neglect claims
- 10 Co-operation 'vital' in A505 Royston to Granta Park scheme
"It really demonstrates the children's view of Christmas with ideas and images which we adults tend to forget amid all the fuss and commercialism."
- Cards featuring the winning design are available from the charity, costing £3 for a box of 10.
To order, or for more information on Home-Start call 01763 242919.