Children show their artistic touch
THE winners of this year s Home-Start Christmas Card Competition have received their certificates and prizes. The competition was open to all children from families involved in the Home-Start project. They were invited to come up with a design for the fr
THE winners of this year's Home-Start Christmas Card Competition have received their certificates and prizes.
The competition was open to all children from families involved in the Home-Start project.
They were invited to come up with a design for the front of the charity's Christmas card.
The overall winner depicts Santa on his sleigh.
Sue Davis, chairman of Royston and South Cambridgeshire Home-Start, and Rod Lewis from Hertfordshire Graphics, who sponsored the competition, gave out the prizes.
Mr Lewis, who also judged the entries, said: "Once more there was a wonderful standard in this year's competition.
- 1 School to make 'wide-ranging changes' following Ofsted inspection
- 2 Fowlmere residents voice objections to housing development
- 3 Kite Festival set to return to Royston next month
- 4 Herts sex offender assaulted victim while she slept
- 5 Citizens Advice: What to do if you have issues with delayed or cancelled flights
- 6 Tractors take to the streets to raise money for hospital
- 7 Royston judoka Reid relishing Commonwealth Games chance
- 8 7 of the most beautiful churches in Hertfordshire
- 9 'Hooded thieves' stole three vehicles
- 10 Royston Town Council declares climate emergency
"It really demonstrates the children's view of Christmas with ideas and images which we adults tend to forget amid all the fuss and commercialism."
- Cards featuring the winning design are available from the charity, costing £3 for a box of 10.
To order, or for more information on Home-Start call 01763 242919.