Childminding group duo receive award
Royston Rascals Childminding Group has seen two of its members receive an award this month. Liz Perkiss and Kerry Buckley took part in a pilot scheme for the basic skills quality mark within early years . To gain the award the pair had to individually
Royston Rascals Childminding Group has seen two of its members receive an award this month.
Liz Perkiss and Kerry Buckley took part in a pilot scheme for 'the basic skills quality mark within early years'.
To gain the award the pair had to individually demonstrate good practice in 10 quality mark elements based on the areas of communication, language and mathematics.
Kerry and Liz have obtained the quality kite mark for language, literacy and communication for the under fives and are the first childminders in Hertfordshire to receive the award.
Kerry said: "Liz and I are obviously very proud. OFSTED considers childminding to be a very serious job and it is nice for our group to be recognised.
"It also means parents can be reassured of the quality of care their children can receive with us.
- 1 Former nurse at Stevenage's Lister Hospital struck off
- 2 Ian Stewart murder trial: Diane 'suffered lack of oxygen for up to an hour'
- 3 Hundreds in Herts fined for breaking lockdown rules
- 4 Meldreth mental health cancer support charity appoints first patron
- 5 Stewart 'wasn't distressed and calmly answered questions' at scene of wife's death, paramedic tells court
- 6 Murder trial told Ian Stewart was 'so cross' after sister-in-law called coroner
- 7 Teenage moped rider seriously injured in crash
- 8 Ian Stewart's sons say 'devastated father was in tears at wife's death'
- 9 Hero dog sniffs out cash for charity with golf ball mission
- 10 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most desirable villages
Royston Rascals Childminding Group meets at the Guide Hut in Garden Walk on the second Tuesday and fourth Thursday of each month. New members are always welcome.