Childminding group duo receive award
Royston Rascals Childminding Group has seen two of its members receive an award this month. Liz Perkiss and Kerry Buckley took part in a pilot scheme for the basic skills quality mark within early years . To gain the award the pair had to individually
Royston Rascals Childminding Group has seen two of its members receive an award this month.
Liz Perkiss and Kerry Buckley took part in a pilot scheme for 'the basic skills quality mark within early years'.
To gain the award the pair had to individually demonstrate good practice in 10 quality mark elements based on the areas of communication, language and mathematics.
Kerry and Liz have obtained the quality kite mark for language, literacy and communication for the under fives and are the first childminders in Hertfordshire to receive the award.
Kerry said: "Liz and I are obviously very proud. OFSTED considers childminding to be a very serious job and it is nice for our group to be recognised.
"It also means parents can be reassured of the quality of care their children can receive with us.
- 1 Former company boss fined after illegal waste dumped at quarry
- 2 Bank of England warns people have 100 days to use old £20 and £50 notes
- 3 Stansted Airport and Cambridge trains disrupted after tree falls on tracks
- 4 Pictures of Duxford Summer Air Show 2022 at IWM Duxford
- 5 Artists open up in record numbers for Cambridge Open Studios 2022
- 6 Teen attacked couple with glasses at Royston pub
- 7 Wanted burglar caught in Grafton Centre with 'hoard of stolen goods'
- 8 IN PICTURES: Wills and Kate visit Cambridgeshire's first County Day
- 9 A505 long delays between Royston and M11 motorway at Duxford
- 10 Careless driver was 'using phone' when she killed Cambridge cyclist
Royston Rascals Childminding Group meets at the Guide Hut in Garden Walk on the second Tuesday and fourth Thursday of each month. New members are always welcome.