Childminding group duo receive award
Royston Rascals Childminding Group has seen two of its members receive an award this month. Liz Perkiss and Kerry Buckley took part in a pilot scheme for the basic skills quality mark within early years . To gain the award the pair had to individually
Royston Rascals Childminding Group has seen two of its members receive an award this month.
Liz Perkiss and Kerry Buckley took part in a pilot scheme for 'the basic skills quality mark within early years'.
To gain the award the pair had to individually demonstrate good practice in 10 quality mark elements based on the areas of communication, language and mathematics.
Kerry and Liz have obtained the quality kite mark for language, literacy and communication for the under fives and are the first childminders in Hertfordshire to receive the award.
You may also want to watch:
Kerry said: "Liz and I are obviously very proud. OFSTED considers childminding to be a very serious job and it is nice for our group to be recognised.
"It also means parents can be reassured of the quality of care their children can receive with us.
- 1 New bus and cycle shelters to help bring sustainable travel to town
- 2 Yellow weather warning of thunderstorms in Herts
- 3 Royston Kite Festival decision 'under review' as lockdown extended
- 4 Freedom Day: More than half of Herts residents welcome delay to lockdown easing
- 5 Agricultural expert 'over the moon' with MBE
- 6 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 7 Bassingbourn reverse trend of losses at Helions Bumpstead with fine win
- 8 Two lorry crash blocks part of A14 in Cambridgeshire
- 9 Could you help preserve ponds in Reed?
- 10 Mayor ‘wantonly diverted’ £40m of housing cash
Royston Rascals Childminding Group meets at the Guide Hut in Garden Walk on the second Tuesday and fourth Thursday of each month. New members are always welcome.