Childminding group duo receive award
Royston Rascals Childminding Group has seen two of its members receive an award this month. Liz Perkiss and Kerry Buckley took part in a pilot scheme for the basic skills quality mark within early years . To gain the award the pair had to individually
Royston Rascals Childminding Group has seen two of its members receive an award this month.
Liz Perkiss and Kerry Buckley took part in a pilot scheme for 'the basic skills quality mark within early years'.
To gain the award the pair had to individually demonstrate good practice in 10 quality mark elements based on the areas of communication, language and mathematics.
Kerry and Liz have obtained the quality kite mark for language, literacy and communication for the under fives and are the first childminders in Hertfordshire to receive the award.
You may also want to watch:
Kerry said: "Liz and I are obviously very proud. OFSTED considers childminding to be a very serious job and it is nice for our group to be recognised.
"It also means parents can be reassured of the quality of care their children can receive with us.
- 1 Lack of public transport blamed for collapse of £10.5m training centre
- 2 New app allows passengers to order bus to virtual stops
- 3 Teacher raises more than £3,000 with charity run in mother's memory
- 4 Cambs and Essex academy trust wins prestigious award
- 5 Spitfires and more... IWM Duxford prepares for 2021 Battle of Britain Air Show
- 6 Camera to be installed in village to address long-standing speeding woes
- 7 Get set for Strawberries & Creem Festival in the Cambridgeshire countryside
- 8 Hospitality Action Day: Some of your favourite local pubs, restaurants and cafés
- 9 Village school's annual fayre is a big hit
- 10 Wellbeing gardens opened at Lister in memory of much-loved colleague Marilyn
Royston Rascals Childminding Group meets at the Guide Hut in Garden Walk on the second Tuesday and fourth Thursday of each month. New members are always welcome.