Chef Altaf wows diners at international curry festival
- Credit: Archant
Things have been heating up for a Crow country curry chef after he show-cased his talents at an international curry festival.
Altaf Hussain, Master Chef for the Yuva Fine Fusion, in Kneesworth, was jetted out to Ljubljana, capital of Slovenia, earlier this month after being selected from hundreds of chefs across the UK, to showcase his special talents at the 5-day Taste of Britain Curry Festival.
Mr Hussain was part of a group of five leading British curry chefs who were tasked with recreating an exclusive selection of British curries. He impressed diners with his signature dish ‘Jenju Chicken,” a chicken dish cooked in tamarind, crushed green chilli paste and pickles.
“Feedback was very positive,” said Mr Hussain. “All the customers seemed to have enjoyed my dish,”
The event was organised by trade magazine Curry Life, and aims to promote British curry chefs abroad. Mr Husain was presented with special certificate for his achievements by James Hilton, who is currently the Charge d’Affaires of British Embassy in Slovenia.
You may also want to watch:
One surprise visitor to the festival was Royston resident Gavin Mackenzie, who is currently working as an English Language teacher in Ljubljana. He turned up with the paper cutting from The Crow about Mr Hussain, which had been sent to him by his mother.
Gavin and his family were given special treat by Mr Hussain, who cooked them his signature dish.
- 1 Access between platforms to be restored at Royston station
- 2 Bassingbourn Barracks: New chapter for Army’s flagship operational training centre
- 3 Person dies after being struck by train in Cambridge
- 4 What are the outstanding schools in Hertfordshire?
- 5 Arrests made in connection with large-scale money laundering operation
- 6 How many people in our area have been 'pinged' by NHS COVID app?
- 7 Police hunt 36-year-old wanted for harassment and restraining order breaches
- 8 Sir Tom Jones set for green, green grass of Newmarket Racecourses
- 9 Escape the crowds this summer at these places to visit in Hertfordshire
- 10 Man seriously injured in three-car crash between Barley and Royston