Charity urges snappers to enter Christmas photography competition
GET snapping this Christmas and enter a charity photographic competition. The British Heart Foundation is holding the first Red for Heart Digital Photography Competition to gather together photos to help launch a national campaign. The three winning, and
GET snapping this Christmas and enter a charity photographic competition.
The British Heart Foundation is holding the first Red for Heart Digital Photography Competition to gather together photos to help launch a national campaign.
The three winning, and a selection of finalist, images will launch National Heart Month in February 2010 with an exhibition on the landscape area next to the Merlin Entertainments London Eye, which receives an average footfall of six million visitors per year.
The theme is Red for Heart so the colour red must be incorporated into the photo, but the brief is open to interpretation and must include a supporting statement of 100 words.
There are three entry categories: adults aged 16 and over, students aged 16 and over and juniors aged 15 and under. The competition closes on 6 January 2010.
There are some fantastic prizes to be won including an opportunity for a one-to-one master class with award winning photographer John Angerson; a one-day shoot shadowing award winning Getty Images commercial photographer Chris Ryan; a Red Panasonic Lumix Camera with 8x optical zoom, Philips Digital Photoframes, bound hard back photobooks from Bob Books and tickets to the London Eye.
- 1 US star George Clooney spotted directing new film in Hertfordshire
- 2 Three dogs including pregnant Jack Russell stolen from Wimpole kennels
- 3 MP visits Royston lab to learn about local success story
- 4 Family of patient who died from drug overdose speak out after inquest
- 5 Royston children encouraged to write to the Queen
- 6 Police find body in search for missing 71-year-old Raymond
- 7 Strictly for Charity fundraising event gets people's toes tapping for Home-Start
- 8 Council confirms first monkeypox case in Hertfordshire
- 9 New mayor makes historic market her first stop
- 10 Extra trains to Tottenham Hotspur Stadium for Betfred Challenge Cup final
Each entrant can submit up to three digital photos for a cost of �10 for adults and �5 for students and juniors�. The photos will be judged by professional photographer John Angerson, The Independent on Sunday Picture Editor Sophie Batterbury, Amateur Photographer Magazine Editor Damien Demolder and Director of Content at Getty Images, Paul Foster.
To enter go to bhf.org.uk/redphotos