Charity urges snappers to enter Christmas photography competition
GET snapping this Christmas and enter a charity photographic competition. The British Heart Foundation is holding the first Red for Heart Digital Photography Competition to gather together photos to help launch a national campaign. The three winning, and
GET snapping this Christmas and enter a charity photographic competition.
The British Heart Foundation is holding the first Red for Heart Digital Photography Competition to gather together photos to help launch a national campaign.
The three winning, and a selection of finalist, images will launch National Heart Month in February 2010 with an exhibition on the landscape area next to the Merlin Entertainments London Eye, which receives an average footfall of six million visitors per year.
The theme is Red for Heart so the colour red must be incorporated into the photo, but the brief is open to interpretation and must include a supporting statement of 100 words.
You may also want to watch:
There are three entry categories: adults aged 16 and over, students aged 16 and over and juniors aged 15 and under. The competition closes on 6 January 2010.
There are some fantastic prizes to be won including an opportunity for a one-to-one master class with award winning photographer John Angerson; a one-day shoot shadowing award winning Getty Images commercial photographer Chris Ryan; a Red Panasonic Lumix Camera with 8x optical zoom, Philips Digital Photoframes, bound hard back photobooks from Bob Books and tickets to the London Eye.
- 1 'Father' found guilty of murdering his teenage daughter
- 2 RAF Red Arrows and Typhoon dazzle crowds at Duxford Summer Air Show
- 3 'A day none of us will forget' - Princess Anne visits Lister Hospital
- 4 What’s on at community cinema Royston Picture Palace this summer
- 5 Bassingbourn Barracks: New chapter for Army’s flagship operational training centre
- 6 Person dies after being struck by train in Cambridge
- 7 Royston Museum finally set to reopen to families
- 8 Wildlife enthusiast wins photographic society's 'print of the year'
- 9 Sir Tom Jones set for green, green grass of Newmarket Racecourses
- 10 Arrests made in connection with large-scale money laundering operation
Each entrant can submit up to three digital photos for a cost of �10 for adults and �5 for students and juniors�. The photos will be judged by professional photographer John Angerson, The Independent on Sunday Picture Editor Sophie Batterbury, Amateur Photographer Magazine Editor Damien Demolder and Director of Content at Getty Images, Paul Foster.
To enter go to bhf.org.uk/redphotos