Charity urges snappers to enter Christmas photography competition
GET snapping this Christmas and enter a charity photographic competition. The British Heart Foundation is holding the first Red for Heart Digital Photography Competition to gather together photos to help launch a national campaign. The three winning, and
GET snapping this Christmas and enter a charity photographic competition.
The British Heart Foundation is holding the first Red for Heart Digital Photography Competition to gather together photos to help launch a national campaign.
The three winning, and a selection of finalist, images will launch National Heart Month in February 2010 with an exhibition on the landscape area next to the Merlin Entertainments London Eye, which receives an average footfall of six million visitors per year.
The theme is Red for Heart so the colour red must be incorporated into the photo, but the brief is open to interpretation and must include a supporting statement of 100 words.
You may also want to watch:
There are three entry categories: adults aged 16 and over, students aged 16 and over and juniors aged 15 and under. The competition closes on 6 January 2010.
There are some fantastic prizes to be won including an opportunity for a one-to-one master class with award winning photographer John Angerson; a one-day shoot shadowing award winning Getty Images commercial photographer Chris Ryan; a Red Panasonic Lumix Camera with 8x optical zoom, Philips Digital Photoframes, bound hard back photobooks from Bob Books and tickets to the London Eye.
- 1 Jail for thief who stole scrap metal worth hundreds
- 2 'Community campaigns are making an impact, so have your say on rail link'
- 3 Three household waste collection crews suspended
- 4 Have your say on Barkway Road development proposal
- 5 Arrest made after woman verbally abused in alleyway
- 6 Where has the Duke of Edinburgh visited in Hertfordshire?
- 7 Family builds fairy garden for grandchildren during lockdown
- 8 'We have a huge task on our hands, but The Pheasant will fly again'
- 9 Consultation on East West Rail route opens
- 10 Man who climbed on Tesco freezer jailed for string of offences
Each entrant can submit up to three digital photos for a cost of �10 for adults and �5 for students and juniors�. The photos will be judged by professional photographer John Angerson, The Independent on Sunday Picture Editor Sophie Batterbury, Amateur Photographer Magazine Editor Damien Demolder and Director of Content at Getty Images, Paul Foster.
To enter go to bhf.org.uk/redphotos