Charity shades and a musical treat
PUPILS at Roysia School in Royston dressed cool for school in support of national Shades Day. Shades Day is the annual fundraising and awareness initiative for the Guide Dogs for the Blind Association. Pupils paid £1 each and raised a total of £54 for th
PUPILS at Roysia School in Royston dressed cool for school in support of national Shades Day.
Shades Day is the annual fundraising and awareness initiative for the Guide Dogs for the Blind Association.
Pupils paid £1 each and raised a total of £54 for the charity.
n Year 5 and Year 6 pupils visited the Barbican Centre in London for the London Symphony Orchestra's Make Music Live project.
You may also want to watch:
Before the trip the children had prepared their own musical accompaniments and learned a variety of songs.
At the Barbican, pupils spent the morning working with the orchestra on the pieces of music they had created and the musicians helped the children to further refine their ideas.
- 1 Heath threatened with 'eyesore' borehole kiosks
- 2 Royston man to stand trial for permitting production of cannabis
- 3 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 4 What's next for Thakeham development after Local Plan sites revealed?
- 5 Girl power and horse power prove a winning combination for Meldreth racing driver Lizzy
- 6 Riverdance's 25th anniversary show lifts the roof off Cambridge Corn Exchange
- 7 Award-winning CADS production at Royston Arts Festival
- 8 In pictures: The Battle of Britain Air Show 2021 at IWM Duxford
- 9 Mum of four sought by police over child neglect claims
- 10 Charlie and Stan slapstick homage riffs on the pair's clowning skills at Cambridge Arts Theatre
The day culminated with Roysia pupils joining the musicians and other schoolchildren in a grand finale performance of Mr Cheadle's Menagerie by composer Rachel Leach.
A spokesperson for the school said: "It was a great experience for the children by listening to and performing with one of the country's leading orchestras.