Charity event in memory of sister
LOSING her sister to breast cancer has inspired a woman to hold a wine tasting event. Xris Woodhouse, 40, of Barkway, is holding the tasting at Barkway Social Club on Saturday July 18. Her sister, Jacqui, died of breast cancer last year, and all profits
LOSING her sister to breast cancer has inspired a woman to hold a wine tasting event.
Xris Woodhouse, 40, of Barkway, is holding the tasting at Barkway Social Club on Saturday July 18.
Her sister, Jacqui, died of breast cancer last year, and all profits from the event will be going to Cancer Research UK.
Miss Woodhouse said: "Once everyone has settled down an expert will spend about an hour showing them how to enjoy wine, recognising smells and unique flavours, they will break for fine local cheese and biscuits and try out their new knowledge, the expert will then finish his talk allowing all attendees to become 'experts".
You may also want to watch:
Victoria Gilham, Cancer Research UK's Area Volunteer Manager for Bedfordshire and Hertfordshire, said: "We are always grateful to those who fundraise for us, as a charity we receive no government funding so we are entirely dependant on the generosity of the public"
The wine tasting takes place at 7.30pm on July 18, and tickets cost �15 each. To book, or for further information, contact Xris on 07545 837867 or email@example.com.
- 1 Which Herts communities have seen the biggest rises and falls in COVID-19?
- 2 More Royston GP surgeries begin to give COVID-19 vaccinations
- 3 Covid-19 numbers in Fenland higher than rest of county
- 4 Rapid community COVID-19 testing launches in Hertfordshire
- 5 Trial date changed for killer of children's author accused of wife's murder
- 6 Hare coursers damaged farmer's crops in escape bid
- 7 County council offices could be sold off or leased in part
- 8 Wonder Woman flies into IWM Duxford for movie scenes
- 9 Chief executive takes 'personal oversight' of inquiry into deputy leader's farm tenancy
- 10 Teen arrested in connection with sexual assault investigation